• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mike/Kim going on 7 years together...

skunk

Veteran CEG'er
I was looking through some of contour collection and my old meet photo's the other day and it made me smile, then I said to myself, ya know it's going on 7 years that I've been part of the ne-ceg family, while I might not be has involved has some of the others and have crazy post counts I'm still part of the family and have tried to help out members when I could.

I was thinking back to the original ceg website and emailing mark or was it Mike, damn it's been so long I can remember some the names(I think he had the svt that gmeater for a plate) and trying to find other members and working up to our first meet at Grapone(sp?) ford, I think it was sometime in the fall. I remember it was kinda cold and raw but it was the first time I met Mike and Kim, Brian, some kid drove up from new jersey he had a silver svt and it had sean hyland headers which was a big deal back then, pappy and I can't remember his name he had a green svt and red hair or was that our 2nd meet damn it I'm getting old oh well it was a good time , but most important was from that point on we grew has a club and each meet got better.

I also remember when I first met our most colorful member elky :shocked: , what a trip he was, and his famous swim in the pond at mount watchusett:laugh: . I never laughed so hard in my life. I was remembering the time we did our western mass meet and and ducked into the baystate west parking garage for our own little car show to get out of the rain and then we went to my sisters resturaunt for lunch and pictures, yet another great time. I could go on and on about all the great stuff we did over the years and the members that have come and gone.

It's kinda crazy how a little car called a contour brought a group of people together that not only do we talk about car stuff but we share the good and the bad, weddings and such. I have shared with you a personal struggle and you guys have helped to lift my spirits.

I'm really glad to have gotten to know you guys over the years and I look forward to many years to come. Mike, Kim and Baco it has been even more special being part of the original group and that is something that really means alot to me... even though Mike, Kim and I are the only ones that still have our original cars, ouch Brian :laugh: .

I'll post a reminder but this fall lets remember to lift up a beer and toast our first meet to remember that day!

ahh yes, I love the memories. I wouldn't go as far to state that I was one of the original crew. Baco, definitely, yes. I never saw the old message board site.

Brian's car went to me, don't forget. If I can fix the ball joints and put new rear brakes in, hopefully it'll go to another CEGer soon.

Well that true, Mike and brian yes, but you did go to the first meets.
I know you have his car but he doesn't have it so it doesn't count anymore. Mike and I still have ours so we are still uhmm original :crazy: .

I remember my first meet at Ford Fun Weekend...we had like three SVTs, Mike had just bought his silver '00, I had my '98 and I think there was a black SVT there too. Boy that was a long time ago.

your an oldy to buddy :D.I think I met you like at the 2nd or 3rd meet, I remember your apartment in fitchburg with your own parking garage :laugh: . I also remember how brian wanted an svt bad and got that really nice t-red, man that was a sweet one, but got rid of it soon after :cry: . Ahh the good old days, I'm starting to feel old, now where is my walker :shrug: .

your an oldy to buddy :D.I think I met you like at the 2nd or 3rd meet, I remember your apartment in fitchburg with your own parking garage :laugh: . I also remember how brian wanted an svt bad and got that really nice t-red, man that was a sweet one, but got rid of it soon after :cry: . Ahh the good old days, I'm starting to feel old, now where is my walker :shrug: .

I know man, I forget how long it's been and how long I've been away I've had my Miatas for 4.5 years now. I remeber eating at your sisters place, excellent food. On a side note, does your sister still own that joint? I now spend a lot of time in Western Ma, where was that place? Ah the memories.....2001/2002 were like my favorite SVT years. Lots of cars at lots of meets:

Wachusett_Lot_4.jpg

Convoy_2.jpg

Summer_Meet_4.jpg

Lookout_05.jpg

Hard to beleive she went from this:

SVT_01.jpg

To this:

723264_82_full.jpg

Last edited:
please stop posting that pic, I just threw up in my mouth again. I'm still sad over that, I remember how proud you where when you first got the calipers painted the body color that was hot. I can't believe how old that is pic is of my car at mount wachusett, thats when I first got the svt body kit but no svt rear bumper yet and se wheels lol.

sad story about my sisters resturaunt, I think I posted about it on here, but woodies bar and grille which was the name of it burned down oh a few years back now, they had an electrical fire about 3-4 in the morning and lost everything!! They decided to move down to florida with my other sister since family was already there and they started the same resturaunt on meritt island and doing better down there and are loving it. when I go to my time share in feb. of each year I get to do alot family visits and eat for free :laugh: .

Last edited:
Wow, those are some old pics!! Fun Ford Weekend was always one of my favorite times. Too bad its too expensive now.

Great post! I am not an original but have been here for a while. I didn't even know about this place until just before I sold my 1st SVT. The first couple of meets we went to I had my P5. Those Wachusett pics are the first meet pics after I picked up my 2nd SVT at Fun Ford Weekend that year! It is funny to think how long this place has been a part of my life. Many of us have gotten new jobs, gotten married, and purchased houses while being a part of this site. There are members that we don't hear from anymore and tehre are many new faces. Good times and lots of great memories. Hopefully still more to come(w/o the SVT unfortunately)

hey steve!! glad you chimmed in, ya I never did see your red one but the silver svt was a sweet one. How is the wife doing? haven't seen her in along time.

yeah no kidding, that's pretty much out for a meet. ouch :blackeye: .

There is a Tasca Mustang Showdown or something like FFW at New England Dragway. Kim and I went a couple years ago. Its a lot cheaper than FFW and not as crowded, but it felt good to be there. It would be awsome to get a bunch of us together for that. Its later in the season though, 9/29. According to NED's website its $10 for adults as opposed to $25 for FFW.

Well, just found this. $15 for car and driver for the show and shine.

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/hardcopys/eventflyers/mustang.swf

Last edited:
Hey my car looks like an off roader back then. It is so much lower now. Wow that was a long time ago.

Back