• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to tag an off-road Tour for on-road use

The Bondurant CSVTs of which I speak have the VINs intact.

Number 4, specifically, is the one I'm looking at, but the owner is a mustang dealer who doesn't want to help me title it.

hmm interesting, then it must be different than the race prep mustangs. then it's due to what the other guys said removal of all the federal stuff, that's why he won't put his balls on the line, being a dealer he would be at a huge risk trying to lie about a car that has no federal emissions and the big one it isn't obd 2. this car has more problems other than getting a title for the street, I wouln't put my dealer license on the line for you either, no offense.

Last edited:
that's why he won't put his balls on the line, being a dealer he would be at a huge risk trying to lie about a car that has no federal emissions and the big one it isn't obd 2. this car has more problems other than getting a title for the street, I wouln't put my dealer license on the line for you either, no offense.

Neither would I if I had a reputable dealer business. What he needs to do is find a guy that regularly goes to auctions picking up police impounds and insurance write offs... those guys know how to title a vehicle.

Of course, you're going to want to put the emissions/safety stuff back in before getting it inspected (they will inspect the car to make sure it's roadworthy).

As for OBDII, I can't be so sure that they would rip that out... so much is controlled by the ECU that I'm almost positive they wouldn't have removed it. They would have had to either get a 95 ECU and wiring and rewire everything, or get a Mondeo setup, which probly wouldn't match up anyway. Seems like too much of a hassle to do all that when all they have to do is put a chip in the existing OBDII system.

Neither would I if I had a reputable dealer business. What he needs to do is find a guy that regularly goes to auctions picking up police impounds and insurance write offs... those guys know how to title a vehicle.

Of course, you're going to want to put the emissions/safety stuff back in before getting it inspected (they will inspect the car to make sure it's roadworthy).

As for OBDII, I can't be so sure that they would rip that out... so much is controlled by the ECU that I'm almost positive they wouldn't have removed it. They would have had to either get a 95 ECU and wiring and rewire everything, or get a Mondeo setup, which probly wouldn't match up anyway. Seems like too much of a hassle to do all that when all they have to do is put a chip in the existing OBDII system.

I'd agree with that -- I'll bet the hardware is intact, and the diagnostic plug is probably still up under the dash.

That all said, I'm enough of a purist that I've found plenty of ways to spend considerable sums of money trying to perfect otherwise stock cars (my former SHO, my SVT). If you're going to go for the gold with this Bondurant SVT (and it would be sweet) you best have a lot of cake at the ready.

Back