• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT compared to non-SVT

Thanks for the input, everybody.

An SVT is definitely my first choice, especially since prices are roughly the same these days. Again, I was just doing a bit of research to determine at what point I should jump on a good deal for an SE, instead of holding out for an SVT.

While driving home from Thanksgiving dinner today, I really got into how smooth my Zetec runs with its new fuel filter (the old one must have been the original, because it was obviously quite clogged). I decided to stick with my Zetec unless I come across a great deal on an SVT. If that great deal doesn't materialize, I'll just save up in the hopes of SVT coming back to life and offering another performance sedan. An SVT Fusion would be nice.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that. I wasn't planning on a SVT until I just came upon a deal (via a random AIM conversation one night). Drove something like 300 miles one way to get it, but it was worth it. Just keep looking, with the way things are with contours right now, it shouldn't take you long to find a SVT for what you can pay. If your car is in good condition, you may even be able to sell it locally for about the same you'll pay for a sorta higher mileage 98/98.5 SVT.

Back