• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID kit $205 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
good deal, glad to hear something on a postive note, non like "TeamSVTour's" Opinion...:nonono:

Wasn't it ME that directed you over here to this GB b/c you needed an HID kit ASAP in the 1s place chief? :idea:

Anyway your welcome for showing you where to get your kit.

Last edited:
oh just a side note, i just got back from drivin around testin out the HID's and when i click over to my brights. the HID's stay on with my brights... not sure if they did this before, i thought the lowbeams clicked off and the highbeams took over, unlike when u just pull the brights lever back, you get both high/lowbeams.... :confused:

I believe this is normal. It's the fogs that turn off automatically when you turn on your high beams. Thats if you didn't do the fog light mod.

Wasn't it ME that directed you over here to this GB b/c you needed an HID kit ASAP in the 1s place chief? :idea:

Anyway your welcome for showing you where to get your kit.

:blackeye: Ture, ture... Sorry for no recognition man, but thanks for the hook up, cant wait to get my kit!

Buy ENDING 6/22

Buy ENDING 6/22

We've decided to end our group buy on HID's effective June 22nd. The last kits ordered for 8k's have been shipped and the orders are waining so it's time for this to come to an end. Thanks to everyone who purchased and helped out my friend with his new venture.

-Chris

Where are you guys mounting your passenger side ballasts?

Seems as though the best spot on the drivers side is the fuse box

Check out page 19 for my pics.

I drilled one hole and mounted it to the headlight frame on the car. It was a perfect fit.

This ends Friday the 22nd. This is low beam only.

Keyser, may I still make my purchase of 1 H7 4300 kit @ the $205 that we discussed? If so I'll order one right away. Pending yes to that first part (please god, please! :D ) how can I go about making that purchase? Is there a link I must click? They're for a 2006 Lincoln Town Car, I'd be glad to take before/after pictures to show the difference between a Contour and a Town Car? :)

You really don't want to put HID's in the high beams. The ballasts take a few seconds to warm up and quick on/off blasts will damage them long term.

i think hes asking what kind of regular halogen bulb can he put in his high beams to give them a color closer to the HIDs

Wow did I read that wrong. Well I would guess the silver star 9005 but from what I've read in this thread you won't be able to see them anyway as the HID's will total overpower them.

i don't think theres a Halogen bulb out there that will not look ass-yellow in contrast to HID's. unless you're running 3000k's (wich ARE yellow :laugh: )

The silver star ultra's are supposedly 4100k, and are pretty close to my 4300k hid's, but look slightly yellow. With the high beams on, there's really no additional light on the road, but the surrounding area has a little more light.... which is still good if your watching for animals.

what kind of bulb can i get for the high beam to be the same color so their not two different colors?

Got a pair of 5000k halogen bulbs for sale. I've tried many brands and they were the closest I could find to HID prior to running actual HID. Check my for sale ad or PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back