• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is an SVT Intake + K&N filter a meaningful gain over an SE Intake + K&N filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
banstick.gif

Seriously, are the mods missing this thread or something?

This thread is funny. Man seriously just go.. I've been a Troll on this site for a long time and a member for what 2 yrs??? I don't know but my post count is so low because you don't have to ask questions. pretty much anything you want to know or could ask, has been asked here before. So go away before I have to read another post where someoneasks about the 3.5 liter or another d@*n post about converting to rwd. Ok so we don't need another post like that here's the answers. It was being looked into but it was way to expensive for way to little, and no it's not gonna happen, ever, it would cost way to much and if you want rwd or awd go buy a jaguar x type. By the time your done you may have well bought one. Now go away.

Whats with all the douchebags asking q's this month???

i vote let him stay he is pretty funny he just needs to tone it down a little

This thread is funny. Man seriously just go.. I've been a Troll on this site for a long time and a member for what 2 yrs??? I don't know but my post count is so low because you don't have to ask questions. pretty much anything you want to know or could ask, has been asked here before. So go away before I have to read another post where someoneasks about the 3.5 liter or another d@*n post about converting to rwd. Ok so we don't need another post like that here's the answers. It was being looked into but it was way to expensive for way to little, and no it's not gonna happen, ever, it would cost way to much and if you want rwd or awd go buy a jaguar x type. By the time your done you may have well bought one. Now go away.

Whats with all the douchebags asking q's this month???

WTF are you ranting about? My question was perfectly legit, douchbag.

Last I checked , Billy - I was the first to reply , and gave a clear , to the point answer/opinion ... You're welcome !

Yup you did, and then the flamers showed up right after and distracted me.

Thanks for the input. I really was on the fence about the SVT Intake, but now I'm not. Gonna just throw a square K&N on the SE and be done with it.

Really everyone here should have grown up and let it be after Buddy Palumbo answered the question.

Though, seems like most things on here the gang mentality sets in and everyone has to pile on.

The whole thing should be a wash and everyone forget about it. No one will remember it in a couple days anyway.

I also agree with RawBurt. This thread should have been caught or reported to a Moderator to be locked a while back.

on my SVT, i found the SVT intake w/k&n filter to be a better alternative than the KKM i had installed at one point. The open element solutions are prone to heat soak...and i wasn't in the mood to bolt on a bunch of unnecessary equipment such as cut up garbage pails - and call it a "heat shield"

I did make the breather hole in the fender bigger though. Probably didn't do anything, but what the hell?

It's all my fault. I'm a stupid ricer that likes the way an open filter sounds on a contour. I like the way nice exhausts sound on contours as well, I'm THAT ricey.
The most likely hundreds of people on here with open filters are all ricers too, ya'll should be really ashamed of yourselves. Here billy comes wanting to know the best way to get .5hp and we make him angry. I am really disgusted with myself and everyone else with an open filter on this site. This has me so upset, I think I'm gonna sell my contours. Ya'll grow up and only spend money on drop in filters dang it.

It's all my fault. I'm a stupid ricer that likes the way an open filter sounds on a contour. I like the way nice exhausts sound on contours as well, I'm THAT ricey.
The most likely hundreds of people on here with open filters are all ricers too, ya'll should be really ashamed of yourselves. Here billy comes wanting to know the best way to get .5hp and we make him angry. I am really disgusted with myself and everyone else with an open filter on this site. This has me so upset, I think I'm gonna sell my contours. Ya'll grow up and only spend money on drop in filters dang it.

Way to fess up and take it like a man Kremit!:laugh:

Yeah and I sold it and am now selling my contours. I am sorry for offending you and thank you sincerely for giving me your insight on open filters. Everyone else should go rip their open filters off right now and thank billy!!!!!! This is the saving grace for all of us ricey contour owners. I don't know about ya'll but this is nearly a life changing event for me. I really can't believe how stupid we were. How dare we make a car a little louder. Dang ricers. Next thing you know, you all will be painting your wipers and grills yellow.

Billy, on behalf of all contour owners I would like to ask you to post a decibel level per hp that we are allowed to have. And if you could, please post the best way to achieve these hp levels without going over the decibel rating you have given them. I believe all the contour owners not selling their cars (though I think most will just sell them to separate themselves from their ricey ways) will need this information. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back