• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

And I thought this truck was going to be more care free than the tour...

MapOfTaziFoSho

Hard-core CEG'er
A bad alternator and acid spitting battery effed my couch today. I ponied up and got the optima red top so I won't have to deal with battery acid on my hands again. Don't worry, I did the work myself, I'm not that bad...yet.

I must say though, the alt was very resilient. The light came on at Detroit Metro Airport and I made it back to Lansing. The contour was like: battery light...1...2...3...dead.

Oh and alt install took me 15 min with a simple tool set :laugh:

My alt. in my CSVT rocked my socks.

I drove it from downtown Detroit all the way to RO with the bat light on. Then from RO to the old skunkworks, with time to spare.

My couched got effed the R&R.

-Tim :cool:

Happened to bill and I with his girlfriend's cougar.

2 days after she got it, the battery light started to flicker, on the 3rd day, the car died.

at least it doesn't sound like it was too bad. I thought you had a red top in the tour, why didn't you keep that around?

It was too tall and didn't have the GM screw in terminals. I sold it to Tim for a song and a flash of Kate's tay tays...I have yet to collect on the latter. :laugh:

Yeah, all in all it wasn't a bad experience at all. Just *****ing about having to throw cash at it already.

It was too tall and didn't have the GM screw in terminals. I sold it to Tim for a song and a flash of Kate's tay tays...I have yet to collect on the latter. :laugh:

Yeah, all in all it wasn't a bad experience at all. Just *****ing about having to throw cash at it already.

PICS NOW.

askjhasd;fkjh

alternatornew.jpg

-Tim :cool:

Well Pete its good to see you got it taken care of but it is a used car you know. BTW, did you say something about a couch getting messed up or were you having a flashback to an old MSU vs. U of M game:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well Pete its good to see you got it taken care of but it is a used car you know. BTW, did you say something about a couch getting messed up or were you having a flashback to an old MSU vs. U of M game:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I realize it's a used car. I just figured I'd hit the 100k mark before I had to replace the alt and that 'new' battery.

My campus is far superior to the U-M campus and the women are hotter. Plus U-M doesn't even have an Ad school. Their marketing grads aren't ready for the agency experience if that is in fact what they want to pursue. We won a National Championship in Hockey and our basketball team is better.

I don't mind being called a city person or metro; but don't lie to yourself. You don't exactly come off as being a farm boy. :laugh:

Not claiming to be a farm boy. From the country though, and know what a real truck it. Sorry pete, its not a truck... and its barely a suv. Its like a mini suv

Back