• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Idea for the system.

I don't have many weekends open before Carlisle. :blackeye:

Or money for that matter. :laugh:

Last edited:
Since it's going to be raining out and what not, I might try to make the preliminary shape of it. There's some scrap sheets of plywood laying around that I'm going to practice with.

Edit-
Damn it...there goes that idea. The plywood is sitting outside in all this rain/sleet. :blackeye:

Last edited:
My only actual time open for this is...this weekend and next weekend. Seeing as how we have a gathering next weekend, that's out of the question.

Ok, so I figured out the dimensions of the amps and trunk space. I measured and inch extra on the amps, and about an inch shorter on the height and width of the trunk. I decided to just measure to dept and width of the box that the sub is already in to figure out how much space the sub would need.

So I came up with the following

Large amp:
12"x19"
Small amp:
12"x11"

Subwoofer (enclosure):
16"x17"

Trunk Space:
39"x18"

The 18" is taking in account of that god damn 3rd seatbelt casing. in the rear deck. :mad:

Last edited:
It should be a red and green line to coincide with the color of the text.

I was tired and didn't know how to explain the way I measured them.

Going from the pictures you made, this should look really nice. I'm thinking about making something of the sort myself after I get my new coil pack and fuel pump. Definitely post pictures while you are in the process of making it.

i dunno...all i see are 3 "L" 's in christmas colors.

if you're using the shiva, the recommended box size is 1.5 cubic feet...preferrably sealed.

if you're using the shiva, the recommended box size is 1.5 cubic feet...preferrably sealed.

Well, I was going to build it on scale of the original box it was in, and it will be sealed, I strongly despise bandpass boxes. I'm curious though, how come the box it's in is ported?

Well, so far the younger people who've read the post with the colored font and pics under stood what it meant. Guess it's something only us younger cats get.

Last edited:
it's not. there is a removable cap on top of it, but it should be screwed closed! it was just a generic box that i bought after a failed custom enclosure. it was supposed to be temporary, but you know how that goes!

I know this sat very idle for quite some time now, but there has been tremendous progress.

P5070007.jpg

P5070008.jpg

I'm curious to hear how that sounds??? You used plywood and not High Density partical board... Also I don't see have glue at the seams... Any reason for that??

Last edited:
Well, I cheated when I made it. I took the Q-Logic box that TGO had in the car and built that into the plywood. Granted it's going to make it dramatically heavier...but I'm not too worried about that since I'm mostly putting an 5'x8' (something like that) sheet of plywood in my trunk. :laugh:

Ok, so I'm thinking of really setting off the amp section of this project. I'm thinking of getting plexi glass to go over the front opening. Now I know with doing that I'd have to worry about the amps possibly overheating and shutting down. So I was thinking of putting vents on the lower bottom of the back side of the box. To draw air into it, I was thinking of putting two fans on the far right side of the box.

My only question is, how would I convert these to work with the cars electrical system, and what would I power them off of? (They're PC fans)

xoxide_1950_16366264

I realize they're just a -/+ wire, but would I put a fuse inline and hook it up to the distribution block that splits all my power cables to the amps?

I'm also thinking of putting a few blue LED's behind the plexi window.

I'm open to comments and criticism. ;)

Back