• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tha new whip!

TGO

King of the OFT
I've been waiting since i got it to get it cleaned and take some good pics on a nice sunny day....unfortunately it seems i'm not gonna get another chance for atleast another week!!! Stupid spring weather!!! So yeah, i'm sorry it's dirty...but it's supposed to rain later today and most likely tomorrow as well. The sun peeked out for a second so i took the opportunity to get some pics. I promise better ones when i get the windows tinted!

Anyway, the newest addition to the family from Ghent, Belgium:

DSCF1946.jpg

DSCF1947.jpg

DSCF1948.jpg

DSCF1949.jpg

DSCF1950.jpg

DSCF1952.jpg

DSCF1953.jpg

MMM...Got turbo?? :drool:
DSCF1955.jpg

Like i said, it needs cleaning! And i have to button up the sirius!
DSCF1954.jpg

DSCF1956.jpg

Self Explanatory
DSCF1958.jpg

Just put on the 18" wheels that came with the car - with brand new michelin pilot sports ! By new i mean still got the hairs on em'!

I've also got a set of 17" rims (same style) with blizzaks! I'm actually excited about the winter now!

Oh, and don't forget the "R" branded brembo's and 13" Rotors. Rear is more of the same, but 12.9" Rotors
DSCF1959.jpg

It had about 20k miles on it when i bought it, so yes i've been enjoying the car alot!
DSCF1957.jpg

Night shot of the gauges, only had phone camera at the time...will post better eventually.
Photo-0007-2.jpg

Much thanks to everyone for their advice, esp. Silver Snake. I know, it's not a cobra...but this is really the best of both worlds. I still get my sport, and i also get luxury AND the ability to get around in the snow. The car has a 100k mile warranty - good until 2011 - and it still has free service until july. I just took it in for a FREE oil change! Not to mention it doesn't cost $250 for insurance per month either.

I LOVE THIS CAR

EDIT: More pics that LUCA took the day i got it - notice the hvac vents in the b pillar!

http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=10055

There's even a button to lower the headrests in the back so you can see out the window better when nobody's sitting there!! It's also fun to get the people in the back to look out the window and hit the button so they get slapped in the face!

ok sorry...im getting carried away!

Last edited:
uh, probably not for a while. I don't wanna void the warranty.

If i do anything it'll probably be a ipd softloader, intake/exhaust/downpipe/maybe better intercooler - should put me in the mid to high 300's. But i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

Don't worry, it's plenty fast :laugh:

Hotness

Hotness

Man that car is pretty sweet looking. If you don't mind how much did you pick it up for?

I found this one near my house, fricking sweeeet. However I think its a bit out of my price range at $29k.

Check it out, to bad it's an auto. I think you should look into that body kit it has on it, it almost looks factory? Do you know if it is?

s60r1ru9.jpg

s60r2il8.jpg

23k.

That car you posted there is probably worth 25k tops. Dependingon options and stuff. The body kit is stock...but wasn't available on the 2004's, so it was added on in that respect. I don't think it looks all too good with the black bump strips. On the 05+ those were painted body color and it looked much better.

The automatics also have a torque limiter - so you lose 50 ft lbs in the lower rpms on top of it being an automatic.

I think the sport kit would look good on the black, however I have not yet forgotten how messed up my SVT got driving around on NY roads. So, I haven't decided on whether or not i want it.

Last edited:
i can't believe you called that car a whip. don't do that again or I will have to take it away from you

That is a sexaay beast.:drool: I must say that shifter looks.... different. It kind of looks like a joystick.

That is a sexaay beast.:drool: I must say that shifter looks.... different. It kind of looks like a joystick.

it looks big and clunky in pictures...but once you're sitting int he car it's really placed well. and fits nicely in your hand. shorter throws than the SVT and i don't have to reach as much either. the gears are pretty close together, so sometimes i accidentally shift into 5th instead of 3rd. Thank god it makes good torque!

As far as the atacama - it's not a big deal. There was one in delaware that had it + navigation, but had an expired warranty and more miles...and it was 25k - so yeah i'm not feeling bad about it. I still have EVERY other option except nav. I'm already spoiled by the heated seats!

And the manual is wrapped in atacama if i need to feel it that much. It is a nice color though.

Last edited:
I've always liked Volvo's. The really like the gauges and the shifter. What are the specs on that thing?

23k.

That car you posted there is probably worth 25k tops. Dependingon options and stuff. The body kit is stock...but wasn't available on the 2004's, so it was added on in that respect. I don't think it looks all too good with the black bump strips. On the 05+ those were painted body color and it looked much better.

The automatics also have a torque limiter - so you lose 50 ft lbs in the lower rpms on top of it being an automatic.

I think the sport kit would look good on the black, however I have not yet forgotten how messed up my SVT got driving around on NY roads. So, I haven't decided on whether or not i want it.

I agree with you on the molding. The first thing I would do if I ever bought a car like that would be to paint it to match the body color. Also after having a stick I don't think I could ever go back to an automatic (except if I was in heavy traffic every day).

it looks big and clunky in pictures...but once you're sitting int he car it's really placed well. and fits nicely in your hand. shorter throws than the SVT and i don't have to reach as much either. the gears are pretty close together, so sometimes i accidentally shift into 5th instead of 3rd. Thank god it makes good torque!

As far as the atacama - it's not a big deal. There was one in delaware that had it + navigation, but had an expired warranty and more miles...and it was 25k - so yeah i'm not feeling bad about it. I still have EVERY other option except nav. I'm already spoiled by the heated seats!

And the manual is wrapped in atacama if i need to feel it that much. It is a nice color though.

I'm sure it's a nice feeling shifter. I was talking more in regard to no leather shift boot or anything.

i dunno lol! everyone comments about the shifter when first seeing these cars - even i did!

it's nice though...and after some thought, it's easier to keep clean than leather too.

Back