• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lambo doors

joelechten

CEG'er
please let me know your thoughts my bro found a shop around him that will lambo the doors for 500 bucks.

they look great, get a lot of attention....but not good for everyday drivers. doors re-align and get off track and wires need clipping and just a mess. it would be good for a show car, but def. not a everyday driver. but thats my personal experience.

500 bucks doesnt cover the cost of the hinges not to mention if you do 90 degree the 60 hours of install

Eh, Lambo doors on a 4 door.

Someone post the picture of the flipped Lambourghini with the two burnt corpses inside because they couldn't open the doors.

Someone post the picture of the flipped Lambourghini with the two burnt corpses inside because they couldn't open the doors.

I second that, lambo doors for show only.

Anyways, here's what happens

view.php

view.php

let me show you the hundreds of pics showing people who have died because of not being able to open the doors in a rollover:crazy:

use those $ 500 for something else.

Like somebody else said here, the whole install is definitely going to cost you more than 500, let alone the time for moding to fit and align them right; and they're not even practical.

mine work really good. if done properly you wont have allignment issues because the hinge is way more support than the stock hinges

way more .put it this way 60 hours of labor + 1000 dollar hinge= not 500
its not like theres a specific kit for this car there are 2 people besides me that have this done they are both 60 degree kits one person argueably has or had the nicest contour around. he ruined the car trying. the other one has to crawl in and out of the car which is just stupid. so everyone can chime in with opinion but the simple fact is for 500 bucks its not gettin done i am willing to bet that i will be the only person to have this done for a long time if not ever. people can say its stupid but how many people can say i have the only one in the world like it.:laugh:

If you get a kit made for your car it's a simple bolt on install, but I know the Contour aftermarket is a harsh mistress. The hinges I have on the Focus are easy to take off to make adjustments to. I don't know if I like them at all on a four door, when I got my car I was initially put off by them, but after a week with them I got used to them. They sure as **** get alot of attention in any case.

If you get a kit made for your car it's a simple bolt on install, but I know the Contour aftermarket is a harsh mistress. The hinges I have on the Focus are easy to take off to make adjustments to. I don't know if I like them at all on a four door, when I got my car I was initially put off by them, but after a week with them I got used to them. They sure as **** get alot of attention in any case.

in most cases on a 4 door they dont look good .thats where you have to go above and beyond especially on a contour for them to look good .and thats why most people wont get it done . before i did a bunch of other things to the car they just wouldnt have looked right. shaving the handles helps alot it takes the focus of seeing the four door and blends it in.

Back