• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just had the engine "motovaced", anyone else ever try this???

yes...I've had this service done before on my chevy lumiua...and it works great...I've never had an issue with it.

It beats cleaning your TB by hand.

I plan on having my Contour Motovaced this summer.

edit: I think your problem is something else.....a motovac would've made your car run much better.

Last edited:
I have seen it go both ways >>> of course the expected thing which is it will run better OR build-up that's removed by the cleaning process can actually reveal a problem. I not saying that's what happened in your case but I've seen it, however more times than not it a good thing to do.....

Ok, now I dont feel so stupid. Hopefully it starts acting normally over the weekend. I was going to sell the car but Im putting a hold on that until I get things straightened out.
It kinda like the vacuum method for the UIM cleaning. It drives "worse" for a while until all the gunk comes out. Sometimes a takes a few miles of "spirited" driving to get it back to a smooth idle. :blackeye:

Well, last night after posting this thread the dang thing stalled on me about 4 times on the way back home, the check engine light went on for the first time in the seven years I have owned the car. I took it out this morning and the same thing. I popped the hood and found that they didnt hook up all the hoses! One hose, not sure if its supposed to have a clamp, I assume so, was off near the Mass Airflow sensor. Since putting it back, it seems to have fixed the problem. My car still has a slight surging under partial throttle though, which was the original problem. Oh well.

The motovac we had in my high school connected to the fuel lines and ran the car completely off the machine from a mixture of solvent and fuel. There was a short tube that you used to connect the fuel lines to the tank to each other (so the pump would just dump fuel back into the tank).

All that does, obviously, is just clean the injectors/cylinders.

Guess it wouldn't work so hot on a returnless car!

There probably was a way to just hook it to a vacuum line, but the instructor never told us about it.

Why just spend $30 for new gaskets and clean the upper and lowers yourself? I'll never understand the things CEGers do.

If you put a 3L in your car, you NEED to have it re Tuned!
It will not run right, there will always be a little hesitation or surging.

If you put a 3L in your car, you NEED to have it re Tuned!
It will not run right, there will always be a little hesitation or surging.

It has a chip and was tuned as best as possible by Buckshot. I have had no luck trying to get someone around Cincy who knows how to do it again. I didnt know this hesitation occurred in other 3 liter builds, I havent searched it.

It kinda like the vacuum method for the UIM cleaning. It drives "worse" for a while until all the gunk comes out. Sometimes a takes a few miles of "spirited" driving to get it back to a smooth idle. :blackeye:

+1, I ran seafoam through the lines, it stalled first itme I started, and man was there a lot of smoke (fun though because I did this at night). I went WOT as much as I could.

Back