• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car going into storage, $50 car comes out the play!

Well it's November so it's time to put away the ZX3 for the winter and pull out the Micra from hiding in the bushes.

As some of you know, my car was ransacked this summer, gone was all my stereo equipment and my Hotwheels Redlines. With the little money insurance gave me for all that stolen stuff, I could barely afford to replace the HU, one amp and the battery I had relocated to the hatch. I had to rebuild the dash since they tore out my custom switchpanel. I think it came out alright, although I miss my system I pieced together over the last 4 years. There are holes in the A-pillars from where the tweeters were stolen, and the kickpanels were grey painted panels from a junkyard car. It's the best I could do with what funds I have.

To make things worse, the police pulled me over a few weeks back because they decided my Hella tail lights were illegal, despite being brighter than the stock lights and much more visible. They cited that I needed a reflector, which I have in the lower bumper. They are not DOT approved, but I do consider it pretty poor of them to pull me over at 3:30AM on my lunch break just for that. I wasn't even close to speeding, I just went for a slurpee. I was issued a $180 fix-it ticket and decided to switch back to stock. I already miss the hellas Fearing another similar ticket for my front lights I also put in some side markers. The fenders are junk so I just borrowed an old set off a friend's VW until I can afford to replace the fenders with something wider and less bent up from scissor doors being opened by idiots.

I was fortunate enough to recover my Hotwheels Redlines when the guy that bought them from the thief tried to claim them on his insurance. They took a beating in the couple weeks they were gone, but insurance was not going to give me enough to replace them. I'll hopfully have them refinished next summer. The TD 18s are as good as sold.

Anyways here she is, one last time before I put her away until spring. I didn't get a chance to detail it so it's got dirt and grit all over...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

And here's what I'll be driving for the next 5 months...

Feb 2004:
picture.JPG

July 2004:
picture.JPG

Dec 2005:
picture.JPG

Oct 2006:
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Please note the attention to detail around the fender where hitting a curb doing 60mph sent the tire through the bondo'd and repainted wheel arch. Also note the giant hole in the fender where a fence post tried to mate with my car. At the rear you'll note a complete lack of any exhaust parts, as well as the waviest floor pan ever to grace a car. At one point I was driving the car down an ATV trail, passing a few ATVs. Apparently that does damage to the underside of a car... oops!

Comments welcome

Last edited:
YOU KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE PARKEDCAR DO? HAVE HIM MAKE SOME LITTLE WINDOW DECALS THAT SAY "STOP! THIS STEREO WILL NOT WORK WHEN STOLEN"

god that just sucks, why cant people just respect others things. i like the stock tails better IMO. so good luck with everything. and all these cars getting broken into makes me wonder, do car alarms really do anything?

Last edited:
YOU KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE PARKEDCAR DO? HAVE HIM MAKE SOME LITTLE WINDOW DECALS THAT SAY "STOP! THIS STEREO WILL NOT WORK WHEN STOLEN"

god that just sucks, why cant people just respect others things. i like the stock tails better IMO. so good luck with everything. and all these cars getting broken into makes me wonder, do car alarms really do anything?

I have a better idea... lets have parkedcar make decals that say "Please steal my extremely expensive stereo" I think both would have the same effect.

Paintless dent removal?

That requires money. The $1800 some retard kid paid me for my TD wheels is already spent on past due bills and a start on catching up on my credit card. I've taken a financial ****kicking in the last year, I'm doing all I can just to keep the car. If things don't get better I'll be selling it to, then the Micra will be my only car.

I am loving the euro bumpers.

it is a shame that you'll be stuck with that ugly beater while you have such a nice car sitting in storage.

Back