• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Speakers cutting in and out on bumps

But all four speakers are permanently out when the Kenwood is connected, no matter what I rattle, shake, or move. And all four speakers magically work when the stock unit is put back in. Sooooooommmmmeeehooowwwww I doubt it's the speakers.

But all four speakers are permanently out when the Kenwood is connected, no matter what I rattle, shake, or move. And all four speakers magically work when the stock unit is put back in. Sooooooommmmmeeehooowwwww I doubt it's the speakers.

sounds like you need to hook up the blu/wht wire to turn on the factory amp if your not getting any sound....

some pictures of your wiring would be helpful....

may i recommend trying the HU in a different car? lol that should totally solve your problem haha. pop out someone else and put in urs and try it out :). if it doesnt work then OBVIOUSLY its the HU, without ANY doubt. lol. not that i want to be captain obvious or anything....

no no no i mean in a different car. not another HU, another CAR lol. this way ur still testing out the same HU, which appears to be the problem, right? so, for example:

say the HU doesn't work in another vehicle, then u know the HU is bad.

however, if the HU WORKS in another vehicle, then the HU isn't bad, it just won't work in your vehicle because something else is wrong with your wiring.

The HU could be bad too. My sister's out of state for the week but once she gets back we'll probably hang out at some point so I might toss it in my car and see what happens. I doubt it's my wiring, but I won't be so proud as to say it's impossible.

Might be a long shot but does it have a flip down face?.. I had alot of problems with mine at first with the flip down face losing connection for a spit second and killing all sound but it would keep the display on.. Other times the whole unit would shut off.:shrug:

Okay, I put the stock deck back in her car and the speakers work, but if she puts the volume above ~60% it starts to cut out. It's like it's volume limited or something...

Or maybe the factory speakers just can't handle the output...? Where is home for you? Some weekends I'm over by Dubuque, be able to take a look at it if it's close enough I guess...

I tried my old Dual deck and it worked perfectly for a day, then started cutting out just like the Kenwood deck did. I'm not sure what causes them to wait a while and then suddenly stop working right. I put the stock deck back in and it worked...who knows. I guess she wasn't meant to have a CD player. I'm gone for the summer though so I can't really do anything about it.

Back