• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new ride...kinda!

He is excited about his new purchase.

Weren't you going to buy a Cobra or something?:rolleyes:

Its apparent that on the internet that you really don't get to know anybody personally:rolleyes: I'm not one of these "look at me" kinda of people, I'm just VERY excited about getting this car, especially after serving my sentence, urr, having the Crossfire for 23 monthes. No its not the EVO I lust after, but a car that was on my short list. So there you have it, the reason I'm posting stuff about the MCS. Now Tourige if you keep it up we'll take another one of your hockey teams:laugh:

Memo to Eric, hockey is this game played on ice where its 5 on 5 and they pass and shoot this little hard rubber thing called a puck. They even have a team in Nashville and they're pretty good, but they don't have a team in Quebec or Winnipeg:troutslap: BTW, its been a long 14 years for you guys up there, hasn't it:shrug:

are those really quick

Well they run 15.1 in the quarter and the top speed is 140mph and to to some, yeah, that's quick. I'm sure you can get the car into the 14.9 or so with some better tires, but as you know the MCS is more about handling and it goes through the turns VERY quickly:cool:

I did some searching over on the NAM site and it looks like the 06' JCW puts down .086 and others are saying they got anywhere from .094 w/summer perf tires to 1.06 w/ racing slicks but again, this is w/ the previous car and are regular "S" models. As far as slalom goes, I just read a speed of 69.5mph, same as a Ford GT! again, previous gen. I'm sure the new car has to be on par with these numbers:cool:

Update!

Update!

The car is due in 2 weeks from today! and I finally nailed the tire/wheel combo down, check it out...
dsc001621pp3.jpg

This is the 17 x 7 PIAA Sport Mesh wheel (42mm offset) and finished in Hyper Black, just like the Enkei RPM2's but unlike those wheels, these ARE in stock:rolleyes: The price isn't too bad at $239.00 per, but my buddy at Discount Tire got them for me at $220.00 per. I also changed my mind and ended up going with the BFG KDW N/T's as well, P215/45/17's for another $125.00 per tire, so no runflats for me and I hope I made the right choice there. The wheel should come in next week and once they do the centercaps are going to be shipped out to Parkedcar so he can work his magic on them:cool:

I love that Ford's coming out with a 7-passenger people hauler that looks like a giant Mini with four doors. Showed it to my wife last night and we might even get one when they get released.

PIAA has some great lookin wheels out there, that's a pretty good looking choice. Now stop posting until you get THE car. :laugh:

The excitement is killing me, but not as much as the trouble deciding on rims WAS:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: There is nothing else to post until I get the car now that the tires/rims have been ordered:laugh:

Just incase there's any "flames" from this thread...

Just incase there's any "flames" from this thread...

...I found someone to put them out:drool: :drool: :drool:
30-3.jpg

I thought u were going with asa ar1's? they are cheaper and look just as good plus the 18's are on closeout for 129 each! 17's are $159. Why exactly did you change your mind?

I thought u were going with asa ar1's? they are cheaper and look just as good plus the 18's are on closeout for 129 each! 17's are $159. Why exactly did you change your mind?

I like the unique finish of the hyper black and after I saw the Enkei RPM2's in hyper black, that's what I wanted, but with them being on backorder I decided against it, but when I found these for an extra $60.00 per rim compared to the ASA's, it was an easy decision. The thing is this, I've got the money to do this right now, I've been working alot of overtime and I want to get this right from the get go, so that's another reason. I think once I get the car and post the pics you'll agree that those wheels are:drool: I knew about the PIAA's for some time now, but thought they were going to be WAY too expensive and it proves you've gotta "look under each stone":idea:

On a related note I read today that JCW (John Cooper Works) is going to offer its Stage I kit for the R56 that's a retro fit through the dealerships, whereas the Stage II is more than likely a factory offering. Originally the JCW upgrade for the R53 was a dealer installed item and only in the past couple years did it become a factory option. The Stage I kit consists of an upgraded intake, free flowing exhaust and re-programmed ECU and should put out anywhere from 190-200 hp, a nice gain indeed! Hopefully there's a boost increase in there as well, not just a short "overboost" feature like it has now.

Back