• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Video Of Turbo SVT Contour 10psi

It's been like 2 hours, or so it says :laugh:

280whp sounds impressive, wasn't the last around 240? I wanna see it ;)

No, its for sale about 2 hours from here. Not sure if I want it or not. Really want a Full 3L swapped one if anyone knows of any for sale (outside of the classifieds)

How well do the Hybrid 3L hold 7-10lbs of boost? Is the Full 3L swap better?

hybrid is better for N/A power, but I still wouldnt suggest building one because the oil drainback issue from the 2.5L heads still exists. You still can very easily run the risk of spinning a rod bearing.

I would suggest an oval port 3L if you are interested in a turbo.

Whats done to the Driveline?

I think thats the deal breaker for me. Sure the kit is cheap. But when you factor in the need for an LSD and a new clutch and all that work.. the cost starts rising fast.

For the price of the kit you can add the quaife and clutch and the kit and not exceed the price of any previous kit. The driveline will not break if you don't launch the car hard. The engine will be the same power below 3k rpms so you should not have a launch problem but realize the stock motor can break it with wheel hop. The clutch can handle more power in linear fashion more than it can at a jult of power similar to NOS. So a stock tranny can handle the boost if you are accelerating through gears but if you start banging second gear you may destroy the diff. You would be suprised to see what stock can handle if you don't impact the loads sharply by power shifting. But if you were to change a clutch due to normal wear you would pay $300 just for OEM so why not add $100 more and get a stronger clutch.

Whats done to the Driveline?

I think thats the deal breaker for me. Sure the kit is cheap. But when you factor in the need for an LSD and a new clutch and all that work.. the cost starts rising fast.

You don't NEED an LSD...

I launched my 3L hard all the time and my stock diff never had a mark on it when I put in my torsen. I also ran the stock diff with my 3L turbo for about 3 months. So don't automatically assume you need a new one.

Also, some hybrids can handle boost. Not as much but they can handle 4-6psi which will make more power than 4-6psi on another motor. They can also use a smaller turbo since you won't be maxing out huge amounts of airflow. This makes for faster spool up and an all around powerfull car. Sure it won't be able to make the huge 3L numbers but it may not need to.

Back