• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT radiators obsolete

Livinsvt

Veteran CEG'er
Hey everyone, the dealer told me today that Svt radiators are obsolete. There is one left in the U.S., but its at a dealer and they want $290 for it :help: . Anyone here find a good alternative for NEW svt rad's? I can get used all day, but I would like a new one. We are locating an aftermarket parts supplier that says they make one, so were going to find out if it its svt dimensions or regular SE. The price for that is $120, so I am thinking its an SE rad. We shall see in a couple days.

Yeah, Bill Jenkins told us a while back they were being discontinued. The only new options right now are SE radiators. It will mount up just fine to an SVT.

I'm never getting rid of my spare SVT radiator. With 2 SVT's, I know I'll need it at some point.

Well of course they will mount up. Thats not the point, the svt rad is a heavy duty unit. Better cooling. Its a necessity for some.

Just because you have a thought you THINK is funny doesn't mean you have to post it. :idea:

Just because you have a thought you THINK is funny doesn't mean you have to post it. :idea:

Oh come on, you run longer lines and mount under the truck with a directional air duct.

Similar to this, but a radiator.

0610sccp_10z+toyota_mr2_spyder+intercooler_scoop.jpg

I'd like to see an aftermarket company produce one that's about 1/4"-1/2" thicker. There's enough room for another 1-1/8" but air won't be able to get to the center section. There's no way an SE radiator would suffice here in Phoenix... even the SVT rad has a hard time.

I got mine from Ford this past summer. Cost me 320.00 Bones. I was told it was the last one in the U.S. at that point. Had to ship it from detroit. We may have to start looking across the pond for replacements. The SVT version is twin core unit. For those of us in the midwest, it barely suffices in the summer months. We see temps on the pavement of close to 180 degrees sometimes here in Oklahoma. I can only imagine stop and go in Arizona and Southern Texas. Must have the SVT unit there. I wonder if Koyo makes a replacement for the SVT. May be worth checking out.

I know some companies can make custom radiators... probably around $400-$600. That price should be alot less if a gb was done. Like Griffin, Fluidyne, and probably AFCO too. I'm sure anyone with a 3L (turbo or not) would be able to utilize a larger radiator.

Does anyone happen to know what the dimensions are for the SVT one? Even if the condenser hooks have to be relocated to an intermediate panel to allow the possibility of more aftermarket units, it would be worth it.

The SVT rads work pretty good. A custom one would cost some dough. A GB for that around here would go over like a lead balloon. Though it really wouldn't be hard at all to get one. You could probaly have one within a couple weeks. Maybe less

Back