• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"famous" contour thread

I'm watching "Body of Evidence" on Court TV right now (episode "Bulls Eye", 2004), and the 'investigators' are touring around in a Tropic Green post98 Contour.

Zetec (no tach). Possibly aftermarket mirror with compass/thermometer.

Last edited:
Wow, I was just thinking about this thread. Have a few more sightings:

This one is from the Man Show, where the are competing against each other. Here is Adams ride, a 98+ mystique:
0221070113-1.jpg

This next one caught me by surprise. This was during a chase scene in Bourne Surpremacy, where Bourne was shot by the 'soon to be dead' mercenary:
P9270018.jpg

The photos are from taking a pic of the TV, so they are of bad quality, but you get the point.

Last edited:
i think there is a red 95 in Spiderman 3. i will have to watch it again to verify but i think thats what it was.

I was watching MTV and on one of the commercials for MTV there was a dark red +98 Mystique....

I cant find or remember what the commercial was about for the life of me :blackeye:

bringing a post from the dead. I finally uploaded pics from my backup camera. These were taken on December 31 2007, during First Night events in Boston.

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

bringing a post from the dead. I finally uploaded pics from my backup camera. These were taken on December 31 2007, during First Night events in Boston.

They must like the Contour to have both generations. And how did they keep the headlights so clear?!?

They must like the Contour to have both generations. And how did they keep the headlights so clear?!?
They are regularly parked on Boston streets (I also witnessed these cars on Milk St a number of times when I worked in the area, along with a few 2nd gen Tauruses and a Tempo), so I'm willing to bet those headlights aren't original. :blackeye:

BoSox: Given that it's Boston, during a major holiday event, I was personally amazed I wasn't stopped by any police or bomb squads!

I was watching I Am Legend last week and spotted one. Where the dog chases the deer inside the building at the beginning, there is a green pre-98 w/ the modular-style wheels sitting in the jam of cars right there. I can't remember if you see it in that scene, or the scene where Will Smith captures the vamp from in there.

Back