• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

paint job and no handles

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
just wondering if someone has ever seen an svt with silver paint with blue metal flake in it or a silver with blue pearlescent paint. the other thing is im thinking about shaving my door handles and putting door popppers in it. how much money do you think im looking at for just the shaved handles and poppers and how hard would it be to do?

A few hundred dollars. You have to buy solenoids to open the door locks and then the poppers force the door open. Its not real expensive, but if you do it, weld the door handle opennings, dont fiberglass them.

He means have a piece of sheet metal welded over the indentation instead of using fiberglass. Fiberglass cracks. If you're this fuzzy on the big pieces of it, you should definitely pay to have this done.

I have to agree somewhat with this. If you use fiberglass without the metal filler piece you are asking for problems. Plus if anything happens that the fiberglass get hit there and it falls off then you have a big hole in your door. A metal patch won't fall out. You could use fiberglass over the metal patch though.

Big G :cool:

Sorry, I should have been more detailed.

I believe it is bagged who has done this to his car, PM him and he will have a lot more info on this.

Yes, you need a piece of metal as a backplate welded on and then fiberglass over it and then finish with some filler.

mine are shaved off but on the contour door you wont find the correct popper for the door weight when i hit my alarm button my doors pop open enough on their own. and you definitly want to use metal for the handle holes. it is a funny cut out you dont want anything to over lap. you must have an experienced welder do your work or your doors will warp horribly.

just wondering if someone has ever seen an svt with silver paint with blue metal flake in it or a silver with blue pearlescent paint. the other thing is im thinking about shaving my door handles and putting door popppers in it. how much money do you think im looking at for just the shaved handles and poppers and how hard would it be to do?

you mean this one?
102_0459.JPG

2545349_21_full.jpg
let me elaborate . the car cant go lower .with an 18 inch wheel and the car lowered all the way down the tire sits on the frame therefore skirts and bumper covers will never touch the ground

to go any lower you would have to make major changes not like doing a truck my car has no weell wells

Do you have any pictures of how you did your bags and where you have your tanks at.... ? Or did you have it done by someone else? I'm just wondering how the bags are done.... like do you need springs with bags... or are they bags solely? The thing that would suck is if it is only bags.... that would suck if a bag or a line busted. :|

air bags and struts , and as for lines breaking buy good stuff like hydraulic lines and good fittings. my air tank is right at the back of the trunk being 12 gallon not many options but its elevated i think it looks pretty cool.

Do you ever have to worry about over inflating your bags? or is there some sort of pressure sense so it knows when to shut off the pumps?

that wasnt quite the color i was looking for. more of a silver then a blue. are there any places that would put the door poppers in and shave the handles or do just the handles sence the poppers probably arent that complicated to put in?

Back