• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Operation Saleen

I think the front bumper is cracked on it.

img_concept5.jpg

I like it a lot from this angle.. looks very aggressive IMHO.

You're kidding right? If you look at the sideskirts, it looks as if someone measured wrong every possible measurement, and was too lazy to fix, that body kit has the "it sure ain't perfect, but it'll do" mentality that is all too common in concept cars.

and what i meant by steve saleen putting his name on it, the only thing to be said for that car is that its a svt with a "custom" suspension... if noone here has driven it, is it even a performance mod? I don't think anyone here can say it performs better at all for sure.

Who cares about the past, nothing worked, thats why it never went into production... case closed!

Even if the screw blower never worked at 400hp, it had a vortech on it for a while putting out what? 200? 210? well, more than your car... thats for sure.

I bet the 'custom' suspension is still legs beyond anything that came in your regular old SE!

IIRC, some of the carbon fiber pieces are cracked as well. Not an easy fix for those pieces.

saleen sent me close up of all the damaged areas, i dont think any of the CF is cracked...the rear drivers side is scuffed but not cracked and the only "crack" was in the front bumper...but its got scuffs around most of the corners of the car, but hey its almost 10 years old now

Make them an offer never know they might take it..Its a nice car not a fan of the wing or the exhaust but other than that it looks nice.
wing and exhaust would be the first things to go gonna make offer tommorow

Why buy it and take stuff off of it? I would keep it the way it is so it's the full Saleen SVT but that's just me. Good luck wiht your offer though :).

Aaron

Why buy it and take stuff off of it? I would keep it the way it is so it's the full Saleen SVT but that's just me. Good luck wiht your offer though :).

Aaron
i will get it tear the whole car apart and bagg it:laugh:

HAHA can you sell me the 19s :D. Speaking of bagged SVTs you need to post some more pictures of you car :).

Aaron
car still at the body shop they messed up the paint on the air and nitrous tanks now i cant decide wether to paint them to match the car or to paint tan like interior. i feel like i will never get it back its been gone for three months now!!! so ive pretty much talked myself into buying the saleen just have to talk the old lady into it now????

Modifying the car is the last thing i think should be done....it's the only Saleen Contour...modifying a one of one is something I'm 100% against.

~Josh

Back