• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber EVO Style Hood - GB CLOSES 3/4/07!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for the latest update from the owner of Aerogear to be passed onto me from Krazy Kustomz...

Everyone please be patient... I'll be updating as soon as I can because I need all the details to be complete and true in regards to our cargo container..

There was a snag at customs with the original container which caused our 9 hoods to be pulled out of the fiberglass container. This was because Aerogears export license for carbon was expired as they werent making carbon product for years.

The product was siezed and our 9 hoods + KrazyKustomz carbon order had to be remanufactured - Aerogear rushed this order as KrazyKustomz stepped in and applied the needed pressure to have them do this.

The 2nd order is complete and should have hit the water already -- I'm just waiting for confirmation that it has and when it will be received.

If anyone wants to confirm my post please contact Craig Flango or Frank at Krazy Kustomz and they will tell you the same info I have posted.

sales@krazykustomzonline.com

As soon as I get another update (which should be soon) I will relay it.

ok so it will be over another month then if it just hit the water right? Since originally it was going to take 35 days to go across the big drink??? I really hope these get here by mid sept so I can atleast have it on the car for NOPI in Atl

I'm not entirely 100% sure yet as this was all Aerogears screw up so they are attempting to rush the cargo as much as possible.

As soon as Craig or Frank update me I will report back...

LOL da boat can only go so fast I'd say. Sorry to bug ya I was just curious. I got ants in my pants lol!!!!!!

I should be finding out shortly on the ETA... this is the last email I got from Craig which was sent to me on Friday

Just got the email from the factory that the hoods are almost ready to
go and they will be getting us shipping information early next week
after the weekend

S'all good. My only concern is with them saying they've "rushed" the order... I don't wanna end up with one of those CF1 scratch-n-dent hoods! But I'm sure it's fine; after all, they're using a crazy method that I don't even understand! ...so patiently I sit.

I should be finding out shortly on the ETA... this is the last email I got from Craig which was sent to me on Friday

Just got the email from the factory that the hoods are almost ready to
go and they will be getting us shipping information early next week
after the weekend

So they havent hit the ocean yet?

I dont know yet as I am waiting for my latest update. I refuse to give false info on this situation.

If you want to sell your hood you can... just keep me updated and make sure that whoever buys your spot ships to a business like you were supposed to or pays the additional shipping amount we will need.

Anything new yet?:cool: From the last email it seems as if they were not even done with production on them? What happened to the hoods that got pulled off the container in customs? Could they not be repackaged and shipped or did they have to produce a whole new batch? I'm confused:troutslap:

Last edited:
they had to reproduce the entire carbon shipment. We now have our own 20 foot container that is hitting the ocean.

I got an update on Friday from Craig.... the container was given to a customs agent so they could book the ocean transport.

I will have more information including the ETA on our container late next week.

I'm just curious as to who gave the 2wks behind the fiberglass parts eta? I'm relieved to know that they have gotten things straightened out now. Does this mean there are extra hoods that could be purchased now out of the first batch? Or is there any explanation as to why they were not sent? Cf license out of date cause them to be disposed of......? Just realy curious here. I am going to be dissapointed if I can't get this hood before Nopi in sept:cry:

Am I going to have to bring you a paper bag?
J/k I am also patiently twiddleing my thumbs in hopes this arrives before Nopi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back