• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CCSU Car Show

dairdevyld

Veteran CEG'er
The Central Car Club would like to present to you the invitation of coming down and being a part of the Central Car Club's 8th Annual Spring Car Show, on Sunday, April 29th, 2007.

New Britain CT 06051
Lot TBA, but it will be off of Ella Grasso, so the directions will be basically the same.

Time:
Registration Opens @ 2pm
Registration Closes @ 6:30pm
Events occurring between 6-8pm
Trophy Presentation at 7:30pm

Price:
- Free to Spectate
- $5 Registration Fee

Events:
Pizza Eating Contest, more events TBA.

The Loot:
GM Award, Mopar Award, Nissan/Infiniti Award, Mitsubishi/DSM Award, Subaru Award, Honda/Acura Award, Audi/VW Award, Euro/Other Award, Toyota/Lexus/Scion Award, Ford Award, Bike Award, Off-road Truck Award, Sport Truck Award, Show Car Award, People's Choice, Exotics Award, Muscle Car Pre 1973 Award, Classics Pre 1964 Award, Mazda Award, Club Award Size & Speed, Sleeper

Other notes:
- This year's theme is Gone in 60 Seconds..and no, no one's car is going to be stolen at the show, haha
- The show is later in the day this year, so sleep in, wash the car and come on by, no need to be up real early...we're trying a night show for the first time, and we are working on some elements of the show that normally couldn't be undertaken during the daytime.
- Judging has been simplified and hopefully idiot proofed, but C3 has proven that anything is possible...
- The student center will be open during the event for restrooms/vending.
- We're trying something new with the club award this year. One will be based on size, but the other will be based on power. Bring dyno sheets, timeslips, etc. This award will be for the fastest club in attendance.
-There is a good chance that the show will take place on top of the North Garage. There are some speedbumps there, so if your car is ridiculously low, LET ME KNOW, and we can make provisions to accomodate you.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor to the show please contact me for further details. Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any questions or comments to the club e-mail, ccsucarclub@gmail.com, or reply in this thread. Thanks, hope to see you guys there!

Directions from I-84 (Hartford, Waterbury, Points N/W/E)
Take the Rt.9 Exit 39A off I-84. Follow Rt. 9 South to the second exit, Exit 29. At bottom of ramp, take right. Go straight through first light. Follow rd, show will be on the right, signs will show which lot.

Directions from I-91, Rt. 9 (Middletown, New Haven, Points S/SW/SE) From 91, take exit onto route 9 North. Take Newington exit 29. At bottom of ramp, go straight through light. Go straight through next light. Left at the next light. Road you turn onto should be Ella Grasso Blvd. Straight through next two lights, show will be on left, signs will show which lot.

I better see Tony, Brian, Chris, and all the other CT people. It's a lot smaller then UCONN's show but we have a tighter group of people,(or maybe I'm biased because it's my club). Anyways it's a good time and we're probly gonna have people over my house after where "refreshments" will be served. Anyone from CEG is obviously welcome. Pm me with any questions.

P.S. Most of the shows proceeds go to F.S.M.A. If anyone has ever used Bristol Dyno then you've heard of them. Jonathan the owner of Bristol Dyno is a huge part of them since his daughter has the disease. For more info on the Spinal Atrophy or the F.S.M.A. go to fsma.org

Last edited:
^ Bring the SVT out to play for this one. :)

I'll let Steph know, this one is pretty close for her.
By then, she should have the damage fixed on her car from the schmuck that hit her in the mall parking lot.

^ Bring the SVT out to play for this one. :)

I'll let Steph know, this one is pretty close for her.
By then, she should have the damage fixed on her car from the schmuck that hit her in the mall parking lot.

i feel her pain...my car is still damaged, but i have the bumper and my buddy who is gonna paint it just got back from florida

Good, he's back now and can get your car all fixed up for you. :cool:

Sorry I'm bumpin this so I can get a head count for sunday. I'd like to see all the contiques that didn't make it to the Uconn show. You guys will have sick parking if you roll in together and of course be treated awesome since I'm pretty much running a lot of the show. Let me know wo I cuz I'd like to see us try to dominate the ford community. Tons of foci will be there and so will tons of RSX's and SRT-4s. Lets rep FWD hard.

I'm pretty sure I'm coming. Not sure I want to show my car though unless someone has 1 spare black svt jack cover (The paint shop forgot to paint a couple :cry:) Also I left my laptop battery charger at work so I'll be on ceg sparingly throughout the day to check up on our plans

I should be there along with a Volvo S40, a Scion TC (turbo), and maybe a Volvo 850R. I may be a like an hour late so is there anyway a parking space for me could be saved?

I am planning on making it ... as of thursday night I believe Tony was planning on making it also ... not sure that we can role in together but if you can get a few spots together that would be cool ...

Definitely. You know you guys get priority:laugh: . I think I'm gonna try to get you and the focus guys in the same general area. Try to start a little Ford FWD love thing going. Damnit I forgot to post on NECO.

Parking won't be too crazy by then. Goonz am I gonna get to see the G?

you guys will see the G once we have a major meet in the summer, which will prolly be after everyone has recovered from SZ and Carlisle.

I hate this though, I dont want to be a troll :(

You missed a crazy day, haroon. A car you would have fallen in love with was there Lamborghini Diablo. So sexy. Wait til Brian or Chris post pics. I think you might wet your keyboard.

I like Lambos, but its the other Italian prancing horse that I absolutely love :drool:

You missed a crazy day, haroon. A car you would have fallen in love with was there Lamborghini Diablo. So sexy. Wait til Brian or Chris post pics. I think you might wet your keyboard.

well ... I don't know about Chris but i didnt take any pictures of the show, just our cars afterwards, hopefully I can upload them tonight

Back