• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just my luck

kidSVT

CEG'er
so my tour is still in the shop.. the guy that was supposed to take a look at it today didn't show up today, so that puts me back another day. So in replacement of the tour, i WAS driving my brothers 98 jetta, cause he's in australia, and on 83 the clutch decides to go "bye-bye". so im thinkin ooooo s***, that can't be good. so i try and keep my cool and just match my revs and shift. that worked out well, i was doin juuuust fine, then i come to the stop light and naturally i gotta stop, but i didn't know how to get that sucker back into first. so thats as far as i got, about 100 feet up charles street. so cops come, etc, i drift my ass to the shoulder so i'm not obstructing traffic, and i wait... for 5 hours in the car for the tow truck. that was my exciting day.

the best part about it was i didnt' go to school, and i was less than 1 mile away :)

well you either have to force it into gear and get the revs up or you could try turning the car off and putting it in gear then starting it in gear to get the car going and to turn it over ...

well you either have to force it into gear and get the revs up or you could try turning the car off and putting it in gear then starting it in gear to get the car going and to turn it over ...

i did try the putting it in first and starting it, but it would just not start or stall right there. i tried givin it gass, but that didn't work either.. o well **** happens.

Sounds like you need to stay of off 83 for awhile. :crazy: Didn't your car start making "the knock" on 83?

I never heard that either. For me, things improve after the third incident.

haha, yeah both happened on 83, north and south. we're gettin the clutch fixed so i have something to drive around.. my baby is sittin in the drive way right now :cry: its painful for me to look at her and realize i can't drive her for another god knows how long. if this new engine deal is gonna be like 3-4 thousand, im seriously considering trying to get rid of my car to someone who wants to do a 3.0 project or something and get this guys car: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=7840

I have nooo idea how thats going to work, but that would be very cool

:(

You have the car? So, is the mechanic going to price out an engine for you?
Kingpin's car is pretty nice.

umm u fly down and drive back?
either that or get it shipped.. idk which. i think flying and driving will be muuuuch funner.

:(

You have the car? So, is the mechanic going to price out an engine for you?
Kingpin's car is pretty nice.

Im not sure yet.. right now its up to me and my dad to figure something out, because my mom can't afford a new engine. The problem is my mom got a loan on my car, and she doesn't want to pay off money on a car that isn't being used, which is perfectly understandable logic.. even though i would LOVE to keep it until I get money so I can play with it :).

so tell me if this would work, because i have no idea how loans work :confused: and my mom is sleeping right now, find someone who wants a 3.0 project and tell him he can have the car as long as the payments go with him... sounds easy enough..? :laugh:

haha, well we got the car in August... so there is still a bunch left on the loan. god i wish money grew on trees... :cry: that would make everything SOO much better.

You can't have Kingpins SVT. I'm going to try and pay my SVT off ASAP and try to buy his.

I need to start my collection of SVT's. :laugh:

haha, well we got the car in August... so there is still a bunch left on the loan. god i wish money grew on trees... :cry: that would make everything SOO much better.

just gotta learn to save what you can, plus a good paying job to boot helps with that ... if I didn't care much about what I had saved I would have already dropped money on 3L, HMS mtx75 fully built and gotten the turbo kit ... but I can't justify it all .... yet ...

Back