• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

guess that leak!!

mystiquevltwin

Hard-core CEG'er
OK, there is this leak thats in the car...its right above the transmission (the part you can see). I think its the power steering because the level of fluid in the reservoir is lower than it usually is.

I took this photo, but you really cant tell much from it, but if you look down on the Zetec, you can see where the transmission meets the engine. There's like a puddle of stuff there.
IMG_0058.jpg

I know for a fact that its not oil, coolant, or gas. I took the car out for a weekend, parked it and like a day later, I saw the paper plate sized puddle under the car.

I rarely drive the car anymore, and i haven't since i saw the leak. I turned the wheel a little bit, but didn't hear any strange sounds.

Im just wondering, where the leak is coming from. Is it a hose, and if it is...what hose?

Im at school so I really can't do much right now but id like to know what im dealing with.

thanks
kevin

hard to tell with the info.... did the liquid have a color? ....(edited by Tony2005).... try cleaning the engine and checking out all the hoses with the engine running and pressurized. did you get your car washed? maybe some water welled up and finally drained out..

Last edited by a moderator:
ok...so i guess i should have said that the white stuff in the photo is SNOW haha

hard to tell with the info.... did the liquid have a color? (edited by Tony2005) try cleaning the engine and checking out all the hoses with the engine running and pressurized. did you get your car washed? maybe some water welled up and finally drained out..

didn't get it washed and there is a definitive puddle directly under the car.

its a clear liquid with a faint smell (edited by Tony2005)...like i said, not oil, not coolant, not tranny fluid, not gas and i doubt that the brake lines run that far up into the engine compartment.

Last edited by a moderator:
try to get a turkey baster in there and suck some of it up and then put it in a clean white bucket, take a pic and post. that would help us look at what the fluid looks like. that chalky stuff does look like battery deposits and I would take a look at that to.

If its clear it could possibly be a leaky brake fluid reservoir or however you spell it. Seems like if it were one of the lines you would feel pressure loss in the brakes or clutch.

Back