• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New top gear!

I already watched this lastnight. My roommate is from Missouri and he got really pissed about this episode because of the way Clarkson talks about the south. I am from Chicago and I was also pretty angry about the way Clarkson spoke about Americans. And all the staged bs just furthers the outright lies Clarkson perpetuates. I used to be a big topgear fan but I am really starting to hate it because of this bigot.

Last edited:
Yeah, but if you think about it, he makes fun of everyone. He's also appealing ot his prime market, brits. (ie. Not americans).

Unfortunately people find it funny to laugh at other countries, but not at their own. It's too sensitive.

They got attacked by red necks for having "nascar sucks" written on their car.

They got attacked by red necks for having "nascar sucks" written on their car.

Yeah, like that wasn't set up...

I did laugh at a lot of stuff, as I always have with Top Gear. And I don't have a problem when people make fun of Americans, normally, but this episode really got to me. Maybe it's just because living over here people seem to take it for granted that they can make fun of Americans and not realize there are any around- or worse, not care.

Anyone who complains of a Tv show being unfair is a tightwad pussy.

Take How i met your mother for example, like 50% of the episodes make fun of canadians, do i care? No.. its funny.

I don't take it personally, I just think it's a bunch of bs. I really watch it for Hamster and Captain Slow. Clarkson was great in BBC's Grumpy Old Men.

i'm in the process of watching every episode of every season of top gear (i'm on season 5 episode 5 although i've seen all of seasons 7, 8 and all 3 of 9 now). I think these guys are brilliant. This is the best car show of all time. If you think that Clarkson only makes fun of the amreicans, you need to see other episodes. He makes fun of other europeans just as he does the americans. Personally, i'd love to see them air this episode in the US just to see the reaction.

LOL did anyone else notice the end credits?

Presented By:
Cletus Clarkson
Earl Hammond Jr.
Ellie May May
and
Roscoe P. Stig

And every one else in the credits had Billy Bob in front of their name

Back