• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

in less than two weeks ...

BrApple

No Life But CEG
just called to confirm but October 1st is the date my car goes in for paint, unless they can get to it sooner :crazy:

:drool:

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait ... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

going to go to Connecticut Custom Car (http://www.conncustomcar.com/)

sorry just alittle excited :laugh:

I'm jealous! Also, you're friend did a great job on my door. However we were talking about getting my car repainted and he insists that I can get a decent job done at Maaco in stratford. Your thoughts on that?

Maaco paintjobs can be done right and done well.
You just have to pay for the premium jobs and not the cheapy ones that people always make fun of.
I truly believe you get what you pay for when it comes to paintwork.
Going cheap never results in any good.

and 'grats Brian!
Same color of course, right?
I might have missed the final verdict, but are you getting the entire car sprayed or just the new parts?

got any pics of before and after?

we talked about that ... you can get a decent paint job and he can then compound it to make it better .... what do you want out of your paint is the question that you need to ask ... do you want something that will be good for a year or two or do you want something that will be show worthy and last for years? I want a show worthy paint or a better then normal paint job, I plan to have the car many years so for me it was worth the extra money to have the paint done the way I am going to ... also since I don't drive the car everyday weights into that

The biggest thing about Macco is the time put into prep work. chances are they are just going to mask the car off and paint ... so this might lead to over spray and could lead to paint failure if the paint can't be sanded right ... like every place I spoke with will pull everything off the car, lights, trim, etc so that the paint can be sanded right ....

for a daily driver looking for a fresh coat of paint that might be a good way to go, talk to Ben more about it, also I am sure he can get you a deal since that is his "guy". he has some of the cars the he gets and sells painted there.

the biggest point i got from him and what he told my father was this, do what will make you the happiest, he is a car guy and has spend lots of money on his cars ... so you need to decide what is best for you and the use of your car and go from there.

my car will be used for shows and good weather weekend driving, so i again wanted a higher quality paint job then macco would ever do, so I am going to pay for it

give me a ring or an im tonight if you want to talk about it more

Last edited:
You just have to pay for the premium jobs and not the cheapy ones that people always make fun of.

and 'grats Brian!
Same color of course, right?
I might have missed the final verdict, but are you getting the entire car sprayed or just the new parts?

very right on all accounts, you get whar you pay for, see my other post, you need to decide what want and will be most happy with ... its alot of money but I am doing what will make my happy in the end ...

same color, whole car, can't stand the paint damage that is there ... its all getting fixed ...

so ... leaning to the 22nd for the fall meet to make sure I have the car for it :crazy: as the 15th might be to close but might work out anyway ...

go brian!!
woot!

i am getting ready to venture into painting myself.
i have the guns and stuff, and my next victim (if all goes well) that replaces the SHO needs a little paint work and i think it will be a great trial vehicle.

go brian!!
woot!

i am getting ready to venture into painting myself.
i have the guns and stuff, and my next victim (if all goes well) that replaces the SHO needs a little paint work and i think it will be a great trial vehicle.

if I had the tools and knowledge I would do it myself also ... but this is the next best thing

Maybe I can donate my car as a guinea pig eventually :shrug:

Yeah, I don't think I would be happy with a 1-2 year lasting paint job. I think I'm gonna keep this baby for a while. The motor has plenty of time left on it and it's in great condition, minus the paint which is actually in awful condition. I'll just start saving my pennies which I usually throw out to make myself feel like a baller.

I'll see if I can clean her up and get some before and after pics of my doors.

Last edited:
his car was beautiful too.
car05.jpg

those cobra wheels were :drool:

his car was beautiful too.
car05.jpg

those cobra wheels were :drool:

hmmm, thought that he didn't have that car anymore, wait that was the cadillac that he got rid of for this

platesays.jpg

after only having it a few months he got the wheels, open K&N, lowered it, and had it tuned I do believe

I second that. For you guys that have seen my car, it is a nice paint job. I got mine done at Maaco. Nothing cheap. It was expensive and they did a great job. They gave me tour of the building and showed me some of they're work, with the different stages of their paint. I did get the 3rd tier job and I am very happy with it.

On just reading the other threads. They did a good amount of prep work when painting my car. That was what I was most concerned about. B/C I am a kid and I didnt want to have to redo it in 2 to 3 years. I also got a 4 year warranty on it if it starts fading, peeling, bubbling, anything so I think it is worth it. People told me it would last a month and I'v had it for 3 and its fine. Got 2nd and 3rd place trophy's with it, so they must have done a good job.

BTW I can't wait to see it when its done. Its gonna be sick. What color are you getting?

Last edited:
Do you know if they're going to let you watch as they paint it? That would be so cool if they would.

I've always wanted to learn to do bodywork but I don't have the patience for it.

I really really want a new paint job, atleast all you guys have stock OEM paint, im stuck with the cheapy maaco paint that still after using countless coats of Zaino, its looked only halfway decent. It motivated me to get rid of this car as soon as my debt is payed off. I cant stand imperfections like that anymore..I envy you Brian, hope she looks great!

you should give them your oval as well, that would cool..

the day is here !!!

the day is here !!!

:help: weird feeling stripping down the car the last two days, all front lights are off, and all door panels ...

DSC02930.JPG

DSC02940.JPG

DSC02942.JPG

DSC02943.JPG

they have the tech working overtime on my car to have it in the paint booth this friday so that I would have the car back next tuesday.

DSC02944.JPG

DSC02945.JPG

DSC02946.JPG

DSC02947.JPG

Back