• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aluminum sill GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one reason i just thought of not doing it the way Ford intended is...because the writing is so similar, and if we do it in the order of ford, there could potentially be a lawsuit for making them so similar...

Ok...so everyone else who has ever made sills with the names of cars would get sued too correct? I see all sorts of them all over the place for various makes and models of cars and they aren't made by the manufacturer...just my .02

"SVT Contour" is how it should be. That way it matches the aluminum dash and engine plaques I already have from previous GB's.

Plus I much prefer SVT Contour when telling people what I have, not only because that is how Ford intended it but also because if I start with Contour, they never hear the SVT, or SE, or GL, or ZX, or GT, or SE-R, or (insert trim level of any car)... they hear "Contour".

Is this still a go?

Is this still a go?

Sorry if this is common knowledge.... I was searching for door sills and came across this thread. I know it's about a year old, but I was wondering if it's still in the works, or if they ever did get made, etc? I know a lot of people were interested, and I am too!

Thanks!

NOOOOO...back from the grave to haunt me...lol

if there is interest, i still have the prototype design.
What would it say: Contour SVT
How: etched into aluminium
How much: not sure, hopefully not too much if good interest.

Lets get an Interest Check going!!!

NOOOOO...back from the grave to haunt me...lol

if there is interest, i still have the prototype design.
What would it say: Contour SVT
How: etched into aluminium
How much: not sure, hopefully not too much if good interest.

Lets get an Interest Check going!!!
1.CSVT#49

good start...but i think that we will need LOTS of interest. I talked to my dad and he said that only if we get lots of lots of people, will they be CEG affordable. Otherwise, they might be close to $200 a set...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back