• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of my new car.

it looks like a nice car and I'm glad your happy with it but personally that isn't a real mustang ... a real mustang has a V8 and a 5spd ... but I have to laugh alittle ... my mother drives a mustang GT with a 5spd :laugh:

You outta all people, after everything you've just done to your car.....
Which looks tits by the way......

I love it, I would have perferred manual but I couldn't pass up the deal. I'll end up getting the diablosport for it to speed up shifting though. I bought it for $4,500 under KBB value, was hard to pass up.

In '05 they changed the V6 to the 4.0L that is in the explorers, so it's no longer the ****ty 3.8L. I would not have bought it if it had a 3.8. The car runs really good in my opinion, rides very comfortable. Only downside to it is the slow downshift, typical of ford autos. Hopefully the programmer will fix that :)

I also plan on getting the ducktail spoiler for it, like the Shelby has.

:nonono: I'd take my "5speed" 3.8L 01 Roush over your POS 4.0 Auto anyday!
2407138_19_full.jpg

The RIGHT Mustang for who? For you? For someone who drag races every weekend? Who is to say what Mustang is RIGHT for the original poster, other than the original poster?

Mark

V6 mustangs are a complete waste. A V6 fusion could beat it! If you aren't buying a mustang to go fast then you are getting it for its sex appeal. The problem with attempting to do that with the V6 model is simply that it isn't the V8 model. So the sex appeal is mostly lost.

It's like buying an SE when the SVT was readily available. Had I known about the SVT contour before I bought my SE, I would've.

V6 mustangs are a complete waste. A V6 fusion could beat it! If you aren't buying a mustang to go fast then you are getting it for its sex appeal. The problem with attempting to do that with the V6 model is simply that it isn't the V8 model. So the sex appeal is mostly lost.

It's like buying an SE when the SVT was readily available. Had I known about the SVT contour before I bought my SE, I would've.

Im pretty sure I knew there was an SVT contour before I knew there was an SE...:nonono:

no that roush is terrible. id rather have the 4.0 stang than the 3.8 roush, the body is alot more rigid on the 05 and there so much stuff out for them already that make good horse. but its still not a v8

Same comparisson to me.... v6 Mustang = blah.... SE contour - blah... but thats just my oppinion. people drive what they can afford. and if its not gonna be a performance beast it can still be fun and look good. :D

Ofcoarse I like the Stang, but it needs some rocker panel stripes to match up with the stripes, just my .02 cents. Also, check out the Halibrand 18" wheels for it, similar to yours but MUCH better, check em out. Now that I think of it, Hot Wheels has some 5 spoke rims for your car that are either chrome, polished or black with polished lip, now those would go with your black and white theme. Ok, I've hooked up the aesthetics for you, I'll be looking for that check in the mail:laugh: ;)

Back