• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: 98+ EVO STYLE HOOD - IN STOCK! LIMITED QNTY's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Buy Closed -

Group Buy Closed -

just got an email sent to me which angers me quite a bit and now I have to deal with this mix-up

Apparently all the hoods were mis-boxed when they arrived. 4 Carbon Fiber hoods arrived from Aerogear but they are OEM style and not MS-Style like imprinted on the cardboard box.

I will fully refund everyone's money by the end of tomorrow.. Craig emailed me right away when they were opening up all the boxes to find the one which looked the best to ship to me... so thankfully at least we found this out prior to them shipping the parts to us.

I have refunded 1 payment thus far and will do the 2 others as soon as Craig refunds me the money. He stated that he will be out of the office all day but will do whatever I wanted once he checked his mail when he got back tonight.

You will all be refunded your money by the end of tomorrow even if it means that I need to do it out of my own pocket.

Craig also stated that he was willing to do some additional discounts on the 4 OEM CF hoods and the 2 fiberglass hoods that came in to the people who were purchasing the CF MS-style hoods - I told him that he should just add the parts to his online catalog as I didnt want to delay anyone being refunded longer than needed.

Sorry to all individuals involved -- due to this there will NOT be a later group buy for the fiberglass version.

I don't have the words to describe how pissed I am, but I wanted to come in & thank you for your quick actions to get everyone refunded & to keep us informed. That is how you are supposed to do business. I also sent you a pm.

I still have to refund Dave and Heather but I will do so as promptly as I can, as this is not your fault at all... I ponied up the same amount as everyone else for a hood too so I'm still waiting on my money to come back too.. it sucks.. I really wanted that hood as well.. :(

here is the website... I do not think the parts have yet been added to the site but I informed him to do so as I wanted to remove myself from being in the middle after this mix-up.

http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/

Last edited:
I don't have the words to describe how pissed I am, but I wanted to come in & thank you for your quick actions to get everyone refunded & to keep us informed. That is how you are supposed to do business.

X2

I really wanted that CF Hood.

thanks guys... Frank from Krazy Kustomz is going to be calling me tomorrow to finalize all the refunds still due.

I got a very lengthy apologizing letter from Craig -He stated that he was glad they opened boxes up as they normally never due because they are packaged really nice once they arrive from overseas.

Thankfully when we were originally going over the details on the GB I stated that I would do it only if it would guarentee me the hood with the least amount of flaws.. This caused them to open the box headed to me which resulted in them finding that the entire CF inventory sent was mis-boxed.

I told Craig to add all the Contour Hood inventory to his site as I have been referring people to his website who are still interested in obtaining any version.

I will refund the last 2 payments tomorrow after I talk to Frank and get everything reversed

Again Craig and I are both very sorry and neither of us attempted to mislead anyone here.

I seriously was stoked to be buying one of those hoods... hell, I was already attempting to sell my fiberglass painted hood to someone else as I had the CF version on its way :(

Man that really sucks for you guys. I know how it is to get your hopes up and then get crapped on b/c of some uncontrollable misfortune. Well at least there is the OEM CF option...if you really want the CF flavor.

1st the CF wrapping/eyebrow deal falls through b/c the company is too busy :rolleyes:....yeaaa ok, and now this. The Contique gods must not be happy w/ us.

P.S. Looks like my CF EVO hood keeps going up in value by the second :eek:

That really sucks :( I was going to buy Crispy's fiberglass hood and had already placed an order in another GB for lightweight hood struts. Luckily they checked the boxes so that you all are aware now. Hopefully I should be able to change my order to regular struts to support my stock hood :( I was pretty psyched about getting her fiberglass hood too. Just to chime in...Crispy is an outstanding person and it sucks she got caught in the middle of this.

I am a little confused... I must have missed something. Even though the carbon fiber version of the evo hoods fell through, did the fiberglass versions also fall through? I was seriously considering the fiberglass version.

i think the company still has them but crispy backed out because of the cf mishap

I am a little confused... I must have missed something. Even though the carbon fiber version of the evo hoods fell through, did the fiberglass versions also fall through? I was seriously considering the fiberglass version.

Stay tuned to the thread. I got an amazing deal on my fiberglass Evo hood. When it arrives, I want to do a test fit first, and then if everything is good, I'll post the source.

thanks crispy i appreciate your effort in this matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back