• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hummm...

SVTPHAT

CEG'er
Ok so about 2 months I picked up a pair of magnaflow mufflers for $75 and had them put on the car. "just mufflers, with factory tips" I also had the Resonator taken out. It's sounds great, a lil raspy when cold but after it warms up it's good stuff. But now im wishing i would have just got something with some BA tips and had it put on since I don't have the money for full exhaust right now so here's the new plan. I am going to get a couple of these Magnaflow's below and have them put on, I think it'll look sick with those tips sticking out the back. Now here's my main question, Should I take one of the magnaflow mufflers that I have on the car now and put it back in where the resonator was to cut out the rasp? or would that make it way too quite and have too much restriction even tho they are strait through mufflers? :ponder:
19_1_b.JPG

Well I want mufflers with bigger tips becaues the stock ones are just too small... I know I could just buy some new tips, but I don't know if that would be harder to do being the factory tips have the bend in them and so the rest of my exhaust in the back would have to be adjusted...

Magnaflow

Magnaflow

Should I take one of the magnaflow mufflers that I have on the car now and put it back in where the resonator was to cut out the rasp? or would that make it way too quite and have too much restriction even tho they are strait through mufflers? :ponder:
19_1_b.JPG

This will definitely get rid of your rasp. Since your current mufflers are the straight through design, it shouldn’t be too restrictive with the Magnaflows you are planning on purchasing. It should sound quite nice.

i have those magnaflows with a 4" outlet. when i tell people what i have, they all laugh and say that its rice, but actually, they look amazing on there. i highly recommend them

To install those mufflers , you'll have to cut away at your rear tow hooks , as they're in the way .
If you install the muffler in the middle , it will be quiet ... ask LUCA . Install a straight-through glasspack instead . It will give you the sound you desire .
Why don't you just have a muffler shop re-hang your current mufflers & add bigger tips ?? They can throw a glasspack in there at the same time .

Back