• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My windshield and windows FOG UP BAD and QUICK

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
My windshield and windows fog up on the inside quickly, especially at night, most common while raining, and while my windows are closed. What do I do? Do I have to buy a liquid to treat the windows or something?

My windshield and windows fog up on the inside quickly, especially at night, most common while raining, and while my windows are closed. What do I do? Do I have to buy a liquid to treat the windows or something?
...turn the defroster on.. thats what its made for.

I have had that fog problem, defrost as needed, maybe use the a/c with the heat turned up some. Defrost uses A/C automatically. If your A/C is broken, you have to play with the heat. I found leaving vent air off and windows open helps (if not actually raining)The fog will come back periodically. I had the foggy rainy 50 degree (lousy) evening weather last week..

lol... that happens in mine on rainy days to u can try the no fog stuff.

ya an application of that no fog stuff is what I want to try, did the windows come coated with something like that, that needs to be re-applied? I've been reading about that in the old forums and I'm going to try to apply a little bit.

Same problem here. I think there might be two problems here. One is that the filter eliment is shot. A good sign of this is that there is a funny smell for the first few minutes, when you turn the heat or A/C on. The other problem is probably that the drain holes are glogged up. This would cause moisture to stay trapped inside the heater box. When you turn the heat on, instant fog! Now this is just a guess. I havent had the chance to change my vent filter yet to see if this solves the problem.

Your heater core could be leaking also, causing a lot of humidity inside the car.

Does your A/C work? A/C is used when in any defrost position to help defog it.

I'd say to check your heater core & also does your car leak water? When my trunk was leaking I had this problem but you might need to see if you have a window or something leaking & letting the moisture in your car to condensate on the windows.

Back