• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Opinions please:)

The wrong size tire is your first problem but...

Id say for now drop it, but after that, buy the right size tires for those wheels. I bet those are 35 series tire!! Btw, curb rash is going to be your new best friend with those tires seeing as how the wheel appears to be wider than the tire itself. Lets not forget that your speedo is going to read higher too. Did your boss have those on a civic or something when he sold them to you?

The wrong size tire is your first problem but...

Id say for now drop it, but after that, buy the right size tires for those wheels. I bet those are 35 series tire!! Btw, curb rash is going to be your new best friend with those tires seeing as how the wheel appears to be wider than the tire itself. Lets not forget that your speedo is going to read higher too. Did your boss have those on a civic or something when he sold them to you?

Hey ur pretty good:)
Yea there 35 series, and yes my boss had them on his old focus and older honda civic. Good call.lol.

So what would ya'll recomend for tire size? If the right tire size, could i avoid lowering the car? cuz its a lot of money to do that and i really dont feel like doing that.
Jus trying to find a cheaper way of making this look better.

The car looks great. I love those wheels. Lower the car and you wont have much bottoming out issues so don't worry about that. As for the car washes just use the ones that you pull into and have no tracks and the washer jets go around your car.

Aaron

Ok so i checked the classifieds and i want this so bad!!! I think i could afford this setup.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=7251
The problem is tho i cant get a hold of the guy b/c i dont have enuff posts or somthing like that. So basically contour.org thinks i'm a spammer and wont let me post in the classifieds. And or message people there bc the guy wont return my PM's.
I really want this setup tho, i can do a local pick up to bc i'm going to florida for spring break.
This is what i want tho, bummer i cant let the guy know.

Ok so i checked the classifieds and i want this so bad!!! I think i could afford this setup.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=7251
The problem is tho i cant get a hold of the guy b/c i dont have enuff posts or somthing like that. So basically contour.org thinks i'm a spammer and wont let me post in the classifieds. And or message people there bc the guy wont return my PM's.
I really want this setup tho, i can do a local pick up to bc i'm going to florida for spring break.
This is what i want tho, bummer i cant let the guy know.

I'm pretty sure he prefers to be contacted via e-mail so send him an e-mail :).

Aaron

Just like everyone else said. Lower it, and you'll love it even more.

Nice looking silfro BTW.

ha ha thanx:)
I want to lower it so bad too, i think the tires would be fine with the car lowered.
If only i could freak'in get a hold of the guy selling his lowering kit in the classifieds. ugh.......

ha ha thanx:)
I want to lower it so bad too, i think the tires would be fine with the car lowered.
If only i could freak'in get a hold of the guy selling his lowering kit in the classifieds. ugh.......

the wheels will still look bad even if you lower it. A 35 series tire is too thin. Put your stock wheels back on. Sell the 35 series tires, and put that money towards suspension. Once you lower it you can buy the right tires and it will look good.......

or

just disregard what I said. Ride it like it is and tell your self you will lower it soon....Enjoy the curb rash that may **** your wheels up.

Back