• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A little interior work...

BADEVO

CEG'er
...while I am waiting for my wiring problem to be diagnosed.

I was bored today before watching the WORST superbowl in the history of the NFL, so I figured I would spice up my interior a little. The door panels on these cars are to plain so I wanted to add a little color but not over do it. So I dyed the vinyl in the door panel and did the speaker panel in black as well.

It looks jagged in these pics on the edges, but not in person. I'll take better pics tommorow when its back on the car.

DSCF3017.jpg

DSCF3018.jpg

I cant see myself putting racing seats in the daily driver, but I do have a buddy who does upholstery work that may sew in some black suede inserts into the stock seats. Not sure yet. I have wiring issues to worry about first. LOL

I have gotten several PM's on this project asking the same questions. If possible guys ask on the thread so I can answer the questions and everyone can befefit from the answers.

I'll be doing a more detailed write up tonight when I get home and do the drivers door.

Finally had some spare time after work to finish all four door panels. The back to are in the garage curing over night.

DSCF3089.jpg

DSCF3090.jpg

DSCF3098.jpg

DSCF3085-2.jpg

DSCF3095.jpg

those look soo good, i wonder how it would look on the dark blue csvt leather... mine has some werid pine holes all over it.. i dunno if it would wear or what.

those look soo good, i wonder how it would look on the dark blue csvt leather... mine has some werid pine holes all over it.. i dunno if it would wear or what.

I think the SVT has perforated leather. That shouldnt pose any problems really. JUst make sure you prep the surface well and you should have a great result.

hmm i think if the whole out side of mnb was painted plack and the speaker grills and the perf leather stuff left blue would look ok or the other way around

hmm i think if the whole out side of mnb was painted plack and the speaker grills and the perf leather stuff left blue would look ok or the other way around

Never seen a MNB car in person but it sounds to me like the interior would look way unbalanced if you did everything in black and just left the trim panel and speaker grill blue. BUT I could be wrong since I've not see the actual car.

dont look at how crappy my car looks. its better now, except for that steering wheel. looking for a new one. yeah, new seats, carpets, and shifter makes it look a LOT nicer

IMG_0092.jpg

maybe white might look nice?

dont look at how crappy my car looks. its better now, except for that steering wheel. looking for a new one. yeah, new seats, carpets, and shifter makes it look a LOT nicer

IMG_0092.jpg

I dont think black would look great, but a light grey would look very good though. Especially if you do the dash trim pieces as well. JMO

Back