• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Surprise!

mixtape

CEG's Most Wanted
Hey guys,
I've been keeping this news a secret for awhile. I didn't want to "let the cat out of the bag" until she was done, but I think it's time to unveil my newest ride :cool:.

1005081724vg2.jpg

1005081724aef2.jpg

Yes! I am the proud owner of a '96 SE, but now also a '99 CSVT!!! :drool::D

She is beautiful and in great condition except for a few things. There is some sort of electrical problem that keeps blowing out the fuse for the power locks. When the fuse blows, the stereo still gets power but nothing comes out from the speakers. I think the amp may be linked to the power locks? Strange. Well I'm not really sure why, but the fuse had blown out a few times already since owning it. That's not a big issue, though I've been spoiled with power locks in my SE :laugh:. Also, worse than electrical problems, the rear end was hit by a woman talking on her cell phone causing some severe rear cosmetic damage.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a trustworthy and cheap body shop. I've heard that a majority of the ones by me are over priced or do poor jobs. Currently my car is in need of some cosmetic work. It was hit from the back at a stop sign so the rear reflector and reverse lights were cracked, the trunk lid doesn't seem to be lined up and requires 2 people to open it, and the back bumper is pretty much destroyed. I have a replacement back bumper but it needs some touch up work due to a small crack. I was also considering buying a reflector and reverse light covers at a yard.

So if I supply replacement parts, how much would it cost to fix the trunk lid, install new light covers and reflector, and swap the bumpers and do a little touch up work? I want to get the car looking perfect again.

I am willing to take a semi long ride if the price is right and the work is quality. Though I prefer to stay within 40 miles of the NJ border if possible.

1016081538zoomwhenudoittc4.jpg

I am actually all over NJ. I divide my time between Morris County and Middlesex County.

Sorry for the brake dust :laugh:. I have yet to put brake pads on either car so I'm not sure what I have on both of them. I know the SVT is in need of rear pads before Summer but haven't decided what pads I want to put on. I heard ceramic are virtually dust-less but can damage your rotors. Then somewhere down the line I heard of "carbon pads" or something :shrug:. Guess I still have some reading before I worry about brakes. Once I get the body work and electrical work done I'll probably head to pads next :cool:.

It's about time you let everyone in on your little secret. :)

Congrats!!

99 red SVT said:
looks good and you have long arms...

Thank you :laugh:. I guess I do now that I think about it lol

SVTalex said:
well I'm not far from middlesex county, I'm in union county

That's not far at all. Where in Union County?

Aaron 98 SE said:
Now you have 2 black cars to try to keep clean. :blackeye:

;)

I hate to admit it, but my SE has only been washed 4 times :shocked:. I tend to slack when it comes to car washing :rolleyes:.

^ LOL!
When he was at my house and I was telling him that he needed to clean out the car and give it a nice bath. It has that "lived in" look, literally. LOL! I even took some tape residue off of the paint for him.

dirty, dirty

I saw you black one for sale on ebay a few months back with you and that goofy picture :D

LUCA said:
^ LOL!
When he was at my house and I was telling him that he needed to clean out the car and give it a nice bath. It has that "lived in" look, literally. LOL! I even took some tape residue off of the paint for him.

Not to mention the explosion of diet soda everywhere :rolleyes:. That took over a to clean! Yes, I'll admit that I live in my car sometimes :blackeye:. lol I go directly from school to work so it's my home away from home :D.

:idea: However the SVT will be a strict no food no drink car. Diet soda explosions need not apply!

SVTalex said:
I live in roselle, exit 136 off the GSPW

So that makes 2 SVTs near me in NJ that I am aware of. You, MS3toSVTC, and now myself :). Go NJ!

blu_fuz said:
dirty, dirty

I saw you black one for sale on ebay a few months back with you and that goofy picture :D

haha sorry that spoiled the surprise. I was curious to see what she'd go for on ebay. I kept the price over $4000 so no one would actually win it :laugh:. This CSVT's not going anywhere but my driveway :cool:.

well there is another SVT contour by me, he lives in linden, don't know his user name to well, he is 1 toen over from me, but I never ever see a silver SVT contour on the roads where I live at all

well there is another SVT contour by me, he lives in linden, don't know his user name to well, he is 1 toen over from me, but I never ever see a silver SVT contour on the roads where I live at all

What color is the CSVT in Linden? It would be funny if there were 3 black SVTs within 30 minutes of each other :laugh:.

Shaggy is in/near the Linden area and has a SF SVT.

I totally forgot about the soda explosion. :shocked: Glad you got it cleaned up finally.

Shaggy is in/near the Linden area and has a SF SVT.

I totally forgot about the soda explosion. :shocked: Glad you got it cleaned up finally.

lol thats who I was talking about ;) And I see a afew other SVT contours in my area, but I'm sure there not on here. there has always been this black SVT contour driving down my street for some years, back when I was driving my merkur, and 1 day I was outside cleaning the SVT, I so happen to see him coming, and he took notice, blew the horn.

also 1 day I was coming out of rahway, driving the SVT, so i see this green SVT contour coming out a gas station, so when light turns green, I manage to get passed cars in front of me, and get behind the contour, planing to follow it, so i got behind, a got pass the next light, and at the 3rd light, I pull to the side of and, to my surprise, I see a middle aged maybe 30's spanish lady driving with mom in passanger seat, but we did not tlak for to long though

Back