• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

gold or bronze e1's?

ronssvt

Hard-core CEG'er
how do you think gold or bronze e1's would look on a black svt? I searched and couldn't find any. anyone wanna do a ps of one? I am always debating on if I do it should I polish the lip or just paint the whole rim :shrug:

I dont think either would look good, but if a gun were held to my head to choose... Bronze

I think both would looke very good. But it also depends on how you see it!

Are you looking for a Flat, Metallic or Chrome, Bronze or Gold??

I think Flat/Metallic would look good cause its darker if you are going with a dark theme!

If you want the wheels to pop out! I would go with a Metallic gold as it usually tends to pop out more.

- amyn

bronze metallic wrinkle....? See how nice it looks with the black background.....?
car001.jpg

my buddy has a black svt with bronze painted E1s ill try to get a pic soon for ya. it looks good on his though cuz he has some gold pin striping on the car too

Bronze would be sicckkkk. A friend of mine has an older Subaru Impreza, black with bronze wheels. Very secksee :drool:

how do you think gold or bronze e1's would look on a black svt? I searched and couldn't find any. anyone wanna do a ps of one? I am always debating on if I do it should I polish the lip or just paint the whole rim :shrug:

IIRC, 95pgt-t had some black E1's on his SVT-swapped pre-98. That would give you a good idea:shrug:

P10100380.JPG

How my car looked before it's current state. I still have my bronze DTM's sitting in the garage.

the DTM's are the one's picture right ? if so, PM me for a price man, i'd like to get a pair for my 98 if the price is right

Hey I appreciate the pic but im trying to find a black svt, with the stock wheels in bronze or gold. I guess im just gonna have to do it this spring to see what it looks like?

How my car looked before it's current state. I still have my bronze DTM's sitting in the garage.

Please tell me nothing bad happened to it? Just what it used to look like right?? Dont you have euro FSVT wheels on it now or something? Your car = my fav SVT of all time.

Please tell me nothing bad happened to it? Just what it used to look like right?? Dont you have euro FSVT wheels on it now or something? Your car = my fav SVT of all time.

Nothing really bad has happened, but it sits outside now, and hardly gets used anymore. I have 18x8 Team Dynamics Monza's on there now, painted in gunmetal gray. It also sports a CF cowl hood and trunk from CF1 rather than the older OE style CF hood.

And to the OP, good luck on going bronze with the OE wheels. I hope you capture the look you're going for! Maybe someone should PS a black SVT with stockers?

thanks for the replies guys, I really am diggin the bronze though, hey hazzard where and what kind of paint did you use? did you strip the original paint off or sand/ also did you clear them?

Its just bronze wheel paint from auto zone with no clear but I think I'm going to clear them to give them more shine the paint is kinda a flat when it goes on. I have a sandblaster at home that's what I used to strip them

Back