• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Center Console...

kscontourkid

Veteran CEG'er
...with functional cupholders!

338823_51_full.jpg

Mmmmmmmm functional cupholders :drool:

338823_52_full.jpg

congrats on finding functional cup holders! Looks neat! Wish I would have had that on my svt!
i havnt had any luck with my cars in finding cupholders that work and arent retarded, I love my audi, but it fails for holding drinks.

i have seen this setup once on here but i couldnt find it again so whoever it is thank you for the idea cause it really works and looks good too.

i believe it's a center console out of a cougar, not sure what year, maybe 99?

my frind has one and all i remember is the retarded holder next to the e-brake and the lighter and the ashtray/change holder next to it.

i believe it's a center console out of a cougar, not sure what year, maybe 99?

my frind has one and all i remember is the retarded holder next to the e-brake and the lighter and the ashtray/change holder next to it.

YOU FAIL! Its a pre98 contour center console. a cougar center console is completely different, and won't work with a regualr contour dash.

YOU FAIL! Its a pre98 contour center console. a cougar center console is completely different, and won't work with a regualr contour dash.

really?

oh wow. sorry all. i personally have NEVER seen a pre98 cener console. but i have seen a cougar console and the cup holder next to the ebrake, and the lighter and ashtray are the same, so thats where i drew my conclusion from....sorry all.

and im sure SOMEONE could make one fit...not that they'd want to.

really?

oh wow. sorry all. i personally have NEVER seen a pre98 cener console. but i have seen a cougar console and the cup holder next to the ebrake, and the lighter and ashtray are the same, so thats where i drew my conclusion from....sorry all.

and im sure SOMEONE could make one fit...not that they'd want to.

Actually, Id love to make one fit, but the dash board would get in the way... the cougar center console has three dins in it and only 1 din size dash, whereas our dash has two on the dash, and 2 in the pre98 center console, so no, unless you cut it(and then you ahve a pre98 center console) then it wont fit!

ah, i see..

well. im sorry all. go ahead and flame me, idc. it happens to the youngin's. i wont take it personally. i know nothing so hey, now i do!

i was about to say great job...butyou semi half arsed it:laugh: you need to either paint the pre98 stuff semi flat black to match the upper trim,or put the pre98 upper shroud in to match the pre98 lower parts.:shrug:

congrats on finding functional cup holders! Looks neat! Wish I would have had that on my svt!
That single-DIN coin tray / cup holder was found in many (all?) pre-96 Tauruses/Sables. All in all it's not a terribly difficult mod, and the benefit is huge.

Congrats :) though I'm not sure I'd be that comfortable with liquid so close to my HU!

Whoa chill. The Cougar center console looks nearly identical at first glance. No need to freak out...:shocked:

ACTUALLY...he's wrong, too. My turn to freak out on him :laugh: Cougar center console and Pre-98 Mystique center console are identical. I dunno why Ford decided to place the 2nd radio slot for the Contour in the console, but everyone else has it in the dash. Pre-98 Mystiques and Cougars center console pieces end above the ash tray.

is it me, or do the"functional" cup holders make the radio not so functional. how can you reach the buttons with the cup holders in use?

Back