• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno 2/13/2008 3 liter intakes test

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Just to start up a new post to avoid all the cluster where I will send the direct links to the dyno results. What we are doing is testing the 3 liter options with using the 2004 taurus cams. The test will prove what setup will stand-out in performance and torque. While we are there we will test the CAI setup versus the stock airbox but I won't expect alot of gains due to the cold-front we have now.....lol because the CAI will be more effective on hotter days I would think.

First dyno run will be Mazda6VVT intake/ oval port LIM
Second run will be taurus 2000 intake/ oval port LIM
third run will be SVT UIM / LIM MOD w/stock airbox
fourth run will be SVT UIM /LIM MOD w/CAI with accordian
Fifth run will be SVT UIM/ LIM MOD w/CAI with ram air
any other suggestions let me know

here is a pic of the intakes we will be testing and excuse the IAC placement it is temporary for the swap since the car will remain with the SVT UIM customers preference.

SkonSVT 003.jpg

SkonSVT 004.jpg

test to see if using the 65mm tb on the 3L is a worth while upgrade or not,i've yet to see a dyno proving it one way or the other

it should be,swapping tb's is a couple minute job,stock accordian will fit w/some convincing,you'll just need to mock up something to take up the slack in the cable..which for a simple test like this can be done w/a pair of vice grips.

well I just came home from a disappointing day the engine on the first pull decides to spin a bearing at 5k the starter was dragging on startup before the dyno so I imagine the rod bearing was in a bind and it finished itself on the first pull so I am back on the road to get another motor to swap in bad luck on this one. So no dyno results but I will be not give up on this data so stay tuned. Joey

Man that sucks..Get it going again and get it on the dyno..

Please!!!

Sorry to hear about this joey. I hope you find a good motor for your car this time around.

I'm getting my 3l right now.

So these results are going to be my deciding factor on what setup i might be going with.

Good info dude. Unfortunate about the delay and problems with your issue.

Subscribing to see the results once you get your car fixed.

test to see if using the 65mm tb on the 3L is a worth while upgrade or not,i've yet to see a dyno proving it one way or the other

it does, not a huge difference but for what i do with the car every little bit counts. this dyno puts numbers down a bit low but the motor is the same with the exception of the tb

with stock 3l tb
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/jaged/mtang/?action=view&current=jageddynoplot.jpg

with PnP'd 65mm tb
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/jaged/mtang/?action=view&current=dyno2.jpg

im going in next month for a new tune with a 04 uim and a pro flo maf

what am i missing??? the numbers that are highlighted are diff. than the numbers on the graph:confused: graph says you lost low end and didnt really gain anything at all

the numbers on the first one are a bit off cause my clutch was slipping in 4th so we had to do the pulls in 3rd.

with the 65mm the torque flattens out for 600 or so rpms instead of peaking and dropping off, and it doesnt drop off as much

Good info dude. Unfortunate about the delay and problems with your issue.

Subscribing to see the results once you get your car fixed.

What are you still doing around here? Havnt you sold that car yet :laugh:

I'm pretty excited to see the results of this testing, good luck, let us know what we can do! This will be great info for the whole community imho!

Back