• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

F-1 Racing

The_Robinator

CEG'er
The_Robinator? Who the eff is The-Robinator? Hahahahaha. Lol......

I decided after all the fun had at Spring Sing that I have no reason not to be posting anymore.

Anyhoo -- one of the ideas that got tossed around over the weekend was a group trip to F-1 Racing out in Braintree. We can head out there in a pack maybe late morning on a weekend, drive our butts off for a while, and then head back to our house for BBQ/party. Crash space will be available.

So, who'd be up for it? And what Saturdays and/or Sundays wouold be good for you from now until the end of the summer? Jason and I will be happy to organize it all once we get some feedback on interest levels and possible dates.

weeeeeeeeeeeee
i think the best day would be a sunday, since i think they offer a deal like $20 for 20 laps or something and you dont have to reserve the track.

but i guess it would depend on how many people wanted in and how much it would cost to reserve a track.

Good idea!
Mike and I will be at a Ford trucks event on June 10th.
I'll have to check the calendar at home, but I'm pretty sure we'll have some free weekends available after that.

once you all deside on a date, do you mind if I invite people not on the fourm ?

Beint that this would be the first event that we are "hosting," we'd probably like to just keep it to CEG'ers this time. Please don't take that the wrong way, though......we don't mean to seem rude, or exclusionary, or whatnot......we just figure best to keep it to people we know from real life or on the boards, before expanding it to people we've never met one way or another.

Not too many people have mentioned specific dates yet......does anyone have any weekends that would be particularly good or bad for them, maybe even as far out as summer's end? I'd like to get a gauge of people's schedules before I book anything.

Last edited:
Trying to picture Trapps fitting in one of the cars. ;)

7/14 and 7/15 are out for us due to my parents taking us to Foxwoods for my birthday. What else works for everyone?

we will have a 2 wk old baby at that point, so count me as a definite maybe.

are we thinking F1 Boston or Racing America in Foxboro. i've heard Racing America is better. longer track and less money.

I *think* 7/7 might work for us. I'll have turned 30 on 7/5, so I can use a little more fun that week!

I think we're going to stick with F1 for now, with people having to drive down from NH, etc. Plus Elky never got his shot at it. F1 Outdoors might be fun some time, too!

Back