• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

I know, but you have been so helpful with all our projects and now you are working on a tight timeline. I am definetly coming down friday.

I know, but you have been so helpful with all our projects and now you are working on a tight timeline. I am definetly coming down friday.

thats dead on.

just like aircougar over here in the NE you have given alot to the community and help to others, its only fair and right that you get help in return so you can finish your projects. If I could I would help out to, just like I am helping aircougar with his 3L superchanged cougar project.

I do have Friday off this week...... I may come over and help out, otherwise I should be out next thursday to lend a hand if possible...

well if you need a hand, I could probably drive up on saturday.

[btw, I think I've got a good handle on stripping down the wire harnesses]

I know that Josh has some things scheduled to do later on saturday, so we actually won't be out there too long after saturday morning/nooonish.

Wow, the offers are overwhelming guys, really, I do appreciate it. My intention right now, now that Joe's car is running so nicely it to spend as much time out there tomorrow night as possible (I should be there from 4:15 on), and then hit it again from 7-12 Saturday. As for the wiring harnesses, I'm leaving them as they are until the car is properly running and then only messing with them IF time allows.

Brad, you're more than welcome tomorrow night, and I know Hetfield was considering coming down Saturday for a little.

First order of business tomorrow is for me to go to the store and buy tape, sandpaper and tape to get the engine bay painted so we can start hanging parts.

Just remember Josh haste makes waste. If you can't get it donw by SZ oh well. Don't want to see you forget one minor thing and have it turn into a major thing. I'll see what i can do in a few weeks. I'd love to come help .

Oh, Brad...... Sorry you didn't make it. Strippers, beer, and contours :drool: - Oh well, maybe next time :laugh:

Found some interesting stuff on my car though when I did my oil change... Noticed that the last time I change oil filters... the ring stuck from the previous one.... so two rings fell off when I went to put a new one on this time.... also found a nice loose O2 sensor that I could twist with my fingers right by the oil pan... sooo.. took care of those little problems... possibly the reason I threw P0136 :shrug:...

so are there any progress pics or are you just lame?

Haven't really been taking any pictures, but the car is coming together, unfortunately yesterday i made the call that I am not rushing this build any more just to have it done for SZ. Like Tony said, it's not worth building the car half-assed just to have it ready and risk something going wrong. I'm taking a little more time and building it the way i really wanted it and in the end I'll know i'll be happier with the result and have a fun but also safe car.

That was a hard choice to make Josh, and I respect that you really want to make it right and not risk loosing/damaging it because of the SZ deadline. The car will be the best it has ever been.

Haven't really been taking any pictures, but the car is coming together, unfortunately yesterday i made the call that I am not rushing this build any more just to have it done for SZ. Like Tony said, it's not worth building the car half-assed just to have it ready and risk something going wrong. I'm taking a little more time and building it the way i really wanted it and in the end I'll know i'll be happier with the result and have a fun but also safe car.

Never siad you where doing it half assed :) I know what your getting at.

Back