• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello Cobalt SS Turbo

Very nice! I honestly think that I'd pick the 4 door over the coupe as well. No wing though.

Thanks. The reason for the wing is to make the rear end look a little bit longer. If you see a cobalt sedan with no spoiler, it looks like GM did what Nissan did to the current model Sentra. It just looks too short in the rear (decklid).

100_1766.JPG

Must get AWESOME reception with that ultra low profile antenna!!! :D

More Little Changes to my SS

More Little Changes to my SS

Installed these a couple of days ago.

Projector Style Headlights, HID's coming in the near future.

100_1842.JPG

100_1844.JPG

100_1846.JPG

100_1847.JPG

Night time pics.
100_1833.JPG

100_1835.JPG

100_1836.JPG

And a little added something to the rear end of the SS.
100_1837.JPG

100_1838.JPG

I also like those headlamps. I'll wait n see how they work out for you in regards to durability. :laugh:

If they're ebay lights (look like them) it should only be a few months before they're hazing.

What's different about the new bumper cover (besides the color)?

EDIT: Never mind, I get it now. Nice upgrade.

If they're ebay lights (look like them) it should only be a few months before they're hazing.

What's different about the new bumper cover (besides the color)?

09_Chevrolet_Cobalt_SS_Sedan_2_%28768x576%29.jpg

The SS Sedan's rear bumper i devoid of the longer and lower fascia that covers the muffler. His bumper, which appears to be aftermarket, adds the coupe's lower rear bumper fascia.

autowp.ru_chevrolet_cobalt_ss_coupe_12454.jpg

Hope this helps... :eek:

The rear looks fantastic!!! :laugh: :shocked: :drool:

I also like those headlamps. I'll wait n see how they work out for you in regards to durability. :laugh:

Thanks.

My lights will look new for a long time, because I don't drive my toys much, and they all have car covers. Also, I got genuine Eagle Eyes headlights, whom make OEM replacement lights for many vehicles domestic and foreign. Lots of the Ebay specials are EAGEL EYES, watch for the spelling, cause, those are the knock offs.

The SS Sedan's rear bumper i devoid of the longer and lower fascia that covers the muffler. His bumper, which appears to be aftermarket, adds the coupe's lower rear bumper fascia.

Hope this helps... :eek:

I bought a genuine OEM Cobalt SS 2.4l rear bumper cover, and a genuine OEM coupe rear lip, both came in GM boxes, bought from my selling dealer. :laugh:

The lip and bumper are being "married" to one another since they are not an exact fit.

from the looks of that yellow car, shouldn't the rear bumper go all the way up and act as a tail light surrounds too?

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that this is a custom install, using the coupe rear lip (which is not direct fit to the sedan rear bumper), and installing it on a SS Sedan rear bumper cover. Again, it's not a direct fit, so a shop is completing the work for me.

First off I'd cover those lights in clear Lamin-X, yellow if you like:cool:, but cover them nonetheless! I've always thought the gold bowtie needs to be colored or black, what do you think?

Back