• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Easy Used Car Dents Removal

Pre98

Hard-core CEG'er
I say used car because I'd never do this to a new car. I stumbled across this video on newtiburon and thought it might benefit some of us Contour owners with dents.

This vid might be older than time itself, I dont really know. I know I'll be giving it a shot on my SE, what do I have to lose?

thats cool. i watched some videos were it didnt work and some were it did:shrug: i think the location,size and quality of metal all play a factor. i'm going to try it today and see what happens:laugh:

yah it sounds like the dent has to have a certain form, if theres any creases then it won't work. im gonna give it a shot and post some before and after pics if it works.

Only on plastic? Pretty sure that was metal in the video (hear it pop?) and plus if you read the comments they explain the expansion of the metal through heating, and then rapidly cooling the metal. In fact this would probably not do anything to plastic but heat it up, then rapidly cool it until it was brittle.

you also have to keep in mind that this was done on a Chevy Aveo, incredibly thin sheet metal, I dont know if something like this will work on a higher up model car, but I have a small ding in my fender I would willing to try this on.

you also have to keep in mind that this was done on a Chevy Aveo, incredibly thin sheet metal, I dont know if something like this will work on a higher up model car, but I have a small ding in my fender I would willing to try this on.

There is another video on YouTube of someone doing this trick on the door of a Bimmer... Then the kid doing it sprays his friend with the camera you know where with the CO2 :laugh:

I do not have the link though because I was too lazy to log into CEG at school... It is in a related video trail, LOL...

There is another video on YouTube of someone doing this trick on the door of a Bimmer... Then the kid doing it sprays his friend with the camera you know where with the CO2 :laugh:

I do not have the link though because I was too lazy to log into CEG at school... It is in a related video trail, LOL...

now im truely impressed, I think I might give this technique a try.

You can use dry ice instead of the cans, I think it's colder than the stuff you're getting out of the can (solid CO2 rather than liquid).

The easiest place I've heard for buying it is bait stores. It also makes for a lot of fun if you fill a pop bottle part full with water, drop the dry ice chunks in, close the cap, and get the heck out of there :laugh:

It also makes for a lot of fun if you fill a pop bottle part full with water, drop the dry ice chunks in, close the cap, and get the heck out of there :laugh:

Elky showed me that at his house. That's LOUD! And it really blows good, I'd keep a good distance away.

Back