• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2010 GT500 Revealed.

For the same cost?

Close in some cases but the basic Mustang has always been a good value, even if it is a stripped down, now under powered car for 16 year old girls. :)

I don't think Ford is concerned about that. The average person that buys the V6 Mustang is buying it for practicallity.

Agreed. The Mustang has a target audience of teenagers and folks who want a Mustang for the style and dont mind the extra hit on their insurance.

And that V6 with a 5 speed still scoots.

I said nothing about how fast they are. I'm just sayin that they get really old really fast when you see at least 5-6 blank basic v6 Mustangs on your way to school. Its like listening to a song too much. Great at the beginning, but after a while you can't stand it anymore. Its not that the song sucks, its just repetitive and boring.

Wat?

The Terminator is the best looking Cobra hands down.

I'd be inclined to agree with you... but then again I'm a little biased ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shannon

oh lord. How expensive are those tires?

Ah they're not as bad as an 18" drag radial... but still not real cheap. I believe they were 390 shipped for the pair. That is a 335/35-17 Hoosier drag radial and a great tire on the street, but I never could get them to work at the track.

They will easily hook 650 RWHP from a second gear roll :laugh:

Roll racing in a Mustang?!? Some people would demand your keys for saying such a thing! :)

Well I wasn't "roll racing" though ;)

In all seriousness I found out where my car would hook by doing a "roll on" in first and second gear. From a 15ish roll in first it would just spin... from 40 mph in second it would hook up and go. On the regular matching four street tires I run (don't have the DR's on all the time) it won't hook until midway through third gear. This is all on the 17 psi pump gas tune and makes 623/556 SAE on a Mustang Dyno.

Here's what's under the hood to power the two ton convertibe ;)

attachment.php

Shannon

Looks great Shannon, man I miss my '04 :(
How big is that upper, must have a big lower pulley?

The lower isn't as big as you'd think ;)

That is a 3.80" upper with a 6.55" lower (-4 psi basically) and it still makes 17-18 psi set-up like that. The blower is not a 2.3L like you might have thought at first glance, as it is the 2.3 liters "bigger brother" 3.4L. The blower will make 30 psi continuous but unfortunately I don't have a built motor to support that kind of boost lol.

As far as the comment of it needs more power... I can only do so much on pump gas as I'm not one to push the limits on 93 octane ;) I will be getting a straight "race gas" tune in it when its back together and it should make well in the 700's on about 23 psi based on some rough calculations. Should be enough power for the time being hahaha.

I'm sure though J it won't be close to the true power potential of your 427" with an 88 mm on top of that :) That thing must be PDQ even on 8 psi :D

Shannon

Very nice, and I definitely could tell it was the big guy, my brother hopes to be upgrading his Steg IV ported Eaton to the 3.4
As far as my motor, it made 600rwhp at 7.1# and the turbo should support 1500hp, but I'll settle for 2/3 of that :)
Beautiful Cobra Shannon.
-J

Having seen a few of the prev. gen GT500's at local car cruises, I hope they improve the exhaust sound. I love the way they look, but the exhaust sounded waaaaaaay to tame.

Back