• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need pics of my old ride (The Striped SVT)

well maybe my memory sucks, but I recall Roger getting ribbed quite a bit for it back when he striped it.

I remember when he got ripped on for having stripes on his car. I liked his car it was clean. All the people that ripped on him where tools anyways.

I remember when he got ripped on for having stripes on his car. I liked his car it was clean. All the people that ripped on him where tools anyways.

One person who ripped the car asked if I were "backing up the stripes" when I got them and I was like:shrug::shrug::shrug:, then SZ04' came where I dyno'd ONE less hp then his car, hmmm:rolleyes: Nice guy though, a CEG legend! My car never got the credit it deserved IMO and before anything is said think about it, the mods and cars clean look ALWAYS is why I got $10K for the car when I sold, no matter what you think of the person who bought it. It was someone who knew the car and knew it was beat the hell out of it, good thing I wasn't like everyone else and smoked my tires leaving a meet, that really shows something:rolleyes: or my dirty intake manifold from "driving it like an old lady", that too was a good one, thanks everyone who etched that one in stone too! From front to back, side to side, top to bottom, it was one of the top 10 CSVT's in the country, period:cool: BTW, I didn't need or ask for anyone to put on the kneepads for my car, but I never thought it got mentioned in the same breathe as others who were never cleaned and detailed or had the nice asthetic mods like mine did.

BTW, my current car came with stripes and I've now changed them to what I had on the CSVT, but also have "GT350-type" stripes that run along the bottom with an "S" decal from Parkedcar that gives it the OEM look. This, along with the yellow Lamin-X on the headlights and the flipped metallic green stripes on the roof give this car a unique look, but I've gotta have more than that to stand out in this car community, its a MINI afterall!

Don't be a smart ass. When people see stripes on a car, they think chrysler/dodge. No one says "back when I was a kid in 1952, blah blah, stripes started on blah blah....."

I am doing it. I also agree the t-red looks nice, but the stripes are a little too far apart for me.

truth is I see the stripes and think Cobra (as in Shelby's roadster), Chrysler/Dodge never cross my mind. And although they are accredited to Cunningham, I tend to think most gear-heads probably also recall the iconic Cobra or Shelby Mustangs when seeing twin, over-the-top stripes.

Finally took the time to look through the rest of my pictures. This is everything I have for your car Roger. I always wanted a striped tour :drool:
StrypedSVT5.jpg

StrypedSVT4.jpg

StrypedSVT3.jpg

StrypedSVT2.jpg

StrypedSVT1.jpg

BBS
35% tint
crystal clear headlights
stripes
clean

it is just perfect overall seriously..... I see how you can associate the stripes with a cobra also.

Last time I saw the car the stripes were off and I believe the headlights were as well. It was traded in to a dealership...who knows where it is now :cry:

Last time I saw the car the stripes were off and I believe the headlights were as well. It was traded in to a dealership...who knows where it is now :cry:

That is what I heard too. Not sure where the car or the headlights are.....

I lost track of what happened to the car. After chad sold it, some guy with a huge garage with a lift in it bought the car and then he was trying to sell it privately and wound up trading it in. I have no idea where it was traded in to. I will do a little searching and get back to you.

Well, after about a half hour of searching I found this thread:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=31089&highlight=Striped+SVT
The link to Craigslist is dead, but it says there that the stripes and the projectors are off it. I found the vin in a thread on the old forums and tried to find a free carfax forum, but had no luck. A preliminary carfax revealed 25 items listed! I have PM'd the vin to Roger in case he doesn't have it. Sorry guys, thats all I could find.

I'm glad to hear its a different car but its really a different car w/o the headlights, stripes and Mystique center reflector/tailights too:nonono::cry::blackeye: It would be nice to see the car again, no matter how it looks! Thanks Frosty for your hard work and in a way, this is turning into some weird reality show, "Looking for the original Striped SVT!"

Thanks Frosty for your hard work and in a way, this is turning into some weird reality show, "Looking for the original Striped SVT!"
Thats kinda what I was thinking lol! After about 20 minutes I thought to myself "wow, I'm taking this pretty far!" I guess I really liked the way those stripes looked and how you took care of the car. I only wished I would have had the money to buy it when you or Chad was selling it :( It would still be in my possession if that would have been the case. Oh well...

Different car noob.

the car he is talking about was in canton with a blown motor. it had a beat mirko that had a huge crack, a cracked dash, and a lot of problems. the guy came up to me at wilson barn car show and gave me his number. i went with my ex girlfriend and she doesnt know anything about cars and she even said it was horrible

Back