• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Meet 10/23/2010 in Poulsbo, WA...

shotwell

Veteran CEG'er
...at Lance Kinley's place!

While working with Lance yesterday and today getting his '95 SE back among the drivable, we hatched a cunning plan. Contour meet!

10/23/2010 is the proposed day. 10/30 is an alternative, but it's the day before Halloween. We'll just have to see what people's schedules look like.

10:30am sharp! Those who are late will forfeit speed parts! ;-)

Portland folks will have about a three hour drive. I expect to convoy up with you guys.

Seattle area folks have many ways of getting there. From the north it's easy to take Kingston / Edmonds ferry. From Seattle the Bremerton ferry is probably best. From the Tacoma area Hwy 16 over the narrows would be best. Isn't there a ferry to Bainbridge?

Whidbey Island folks (if there are any left) can take Port Townsend ferry and drive down.

What do we have planned? Well that's what this thread is for! We'll be there early enough to take a fairly nice drive. The Olympic Peninsula is beautiful. We could just hang out at Lance's house for a while and drive afterward. Possibilities for a BBQ exist as well. Minor repairs...well that's up to Lance. There MUST be a photo op.

My goal is to get each and every member of the NW crew to come out! I'll be sending out PMs to less active members.

10/30 won't work for use, so it will have to be 10/23.

Seattle folks definitely don't want to take the Bremerton ferry -- Bainbridge ferry is a lot quicker and puts you closer to my place. I'm 15 mins from the Kingston terminal and 20-25 from the Bainbridge terminal.

Repairs for sure! BBQ can get fired up one last time before it goes to the garage for the winter. There will be plenty to eat and drink.

-Lance

Sounds good!

I've talked to a few current and former members via text. I even spoke with Qbert! He can't make it, but others said they could. I have a few maybes as well.

Idk if I'm up for that drive I live in Salem and it's a 4 hr drive for me ! That's almost to canada lol I need more motavation or door prizes to drive that far haha

DDV - you'd better make it being that close! Have you heard from Bugzuki? I haven't sent him a PM yet.

98.5 - We (the Portland area folks) will probably meet up at Jantzen Beach and drive north together. It's really not that bad of a drive. I did it twice last weekend!

I guess I have fallen in to the less active category. It takes a couple pings and some posts about me to get me to respond. I have been way too busy lately. Can't seem to get anything done. I should be able to make it. How much does the ferry cost from Kingston? What time does the ferry leave? I don't think I have riden the ferry for 15 years at least.

I'm a no go guys. I have too much family stuff going on that day. I'm pretty bummed about it, so you guys better have a good time and post some pics up for me.

-Aaron

I guess I have fallen in to the less active category. It takes a couple pings and some posts about me to get me to respond. I have been way too busy lately. Can't seem to get anything done. I should be able to make it. How much does the ferry cost from Kingston? What time does the ferry leave? I don't think I have riden the ferry for 15 years at least.

Ferry leaves Edmonds at 9:40am. Cost is $11.85 for car and driver and $6.90 for any passengers. Car and Driver still applies on the way back, but passengers are free.

Thanks Christy! I was going to look that up myself ;-)

I hung out with Qbert (Rob) and Josh last night. Josh has the white SHO...some of you might remember him as the chase car at a meet ages ago. BBQ at the coast? I didn't make that one.

It sounds like Josh is willing to come to the meet...with his SHO of course! I think I said before Qbert can't make it due to having prior plans with the family.

Qbert said he talked to Shaun G a couple of years ago. He had an Audi S4 but he was getting tired of it. Not sure what he's rolling on now. Does anyone know who bought his old SVT?

Hey, Shotwell how about a Cannon Ball Run from Janzen Beach to Poulsbo? Prizes such as shirts or stickers marking our get together of the decade. Then I’m in for sure rain or shine and will call in sick on the way up their. Just a thought cause I can’t do rain. Stay in touch.

I drive the LX or SE Contour & the SVT stays in the garage. The Grand SVT CBR 2010 (Cannon Ball Run)
We can use mini mart receipts as check points. Come on, please - please.LOL theirs webs sites on how to do it. give me a ring and we'll brew this up together if you want.

Been looking for a web site explaining how to do it...

If it doesn't involve speeding or anything illegal I'm willing to do it. Otherwise I think the cruise control will be in order. Frankly I'm hoping to save as much fuel as possible.

Back