• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need help with keyless remotes!

Onimitsu

CEG'er
well here is my problem..... i have a 99 MTX V6. and when i got the car the person before me had ford install a ford security and keyless remote system in it, it is a nice system but it is way to sensitive and i really would like to go back to the pats system and the stock keyless remote but i cant find the white, two pin, unterminated connector so i can program the remote i got for it.... so what are the color of the two wires you have to connect... The system my car has now is called system 6, and if you have any info on about it please do share. so if anyone could help me with this i would be very grateful!!
here is what the remote looks like.. sorry for the cell phone pick that's all i had...
1215082135.jpg

well if the system 6 is like the system 4 you will not be able to go back to the stock remotes since it has a remote. that is my guess anyway. I know my system 4 uses the factory keyless entry remotes.

sounds like the shock sensor is turned up to high. find the controll unit and trace the wires to find the shock sensor and there should be ab adjustment on it.

if not try pressing the status indicator led. it might also be the valet switch and will disable the alarm.

funny I worked with a guy that had a tricked out 67 camaro and would pull in next to the mystique and set off my alarm with his exhaust I hated that guy:rolleyes:

well if the system 6 is like the system 4 you will not be able to go back to the stock remotes since it has a remote. that is my guess anyway. I know my system 4 uses the factory keyless entry remotes.

sounds like the shock sensor is turned up to high. find the controll unit and trace the wires to find the shock sensor and there should be ab adjustment on it.

if not try pressing the status indicator led. it might also be the valet switch and will disable the alarm.

it did have that valet mod but the button broke and does not work any more... so now it is stuck in normal mode....:help:

and tomorrow i will look and try to find the control unit... i am guessing it is under the dash on the drivers side....

Hehe, so The Beater will set it off now too... :)

If you don't figure it out when you bring it back home we'll get it removed...

yea i am guessing the beater will set it off now.. but yea i have been playing with it and i really want to remove it but when i come back up we will take a look at it!!

yea i am guessing the beater will set it off now.. but yea i have been playing with it and i really want to remove it but when i come back up we will take a look at it!!

The beater will for sure. I'm pretty sure it's a little louder than the SVT. Course, it sounds like crap too... lol

BTW, your sig lies, you're not rocking a Magnaflow resonated SVT exhaust... :p

well i changed the sensor so it is not so sentive. but i am i stuck with this system, and would it be to much of a pain to get rid off? (god i love my psp, my girl thinks i am playing a game but i am really on ceg! i win!)

no you should be able to remove it. just trace the wires and disconnect ... easier said then done I am sure.

that's what i thought... and it is always easier said then done..:nonono: but what are the color of the wires that have the white, two pin, unterminated connector that you have to connect to program the remote? if you know what i mean?

tag search "keyless entry". I have posted that picture and discription many, many times. and I know it will turn up in a tag search because I tagged the threads so they would!

tag search "keyless entry". I have posted that picture and discription many, many times. and I know it will turn up in a tag search because I tagged the threads so they would!

thanks BrApple you have been ALOT of help!!! i will take a look and see what i can find!!!

can i get a keyless remote for my car... or does it need a special system? i mean i have power locks and everything. but it would be nice to have a remote

fyi - with my System 1 (keyless entry, no alarm) the "valet" button also unlocks the ignition lock. So, if your remote battery ever dies and you need to start the car, you can press that button to unlock the ignition. If the valet button is broken and your remote dies on you, you are SOL, so you may want to investigate that issue as well before arming the car again.

CRG - any old aftermarket keyless entry system from Best Buy, et al, would be sufficient to implement keyless entry in the car. I know my Cobra alarm was so much more reliable than my System 1 could ever hope to be.

can i get a keyless remote for my car... or does it need a special system? i mean i have power locks and everything. but it would be nice to have a remote

if your car didn't come with keyless entry and you want it then you will have to install and aftermarket keyless entry system or alarm.

fyi - with my System 1 (keyless entry, no alarm) the "valet" button also unlocks the ignition lock. So, if your remote battery ever dies and you need to start the car, you can press that button to unlock the ignition. If the valet button is broken and your remote dies on you, you are SOL, so you may want to investigate that issue as well before arming the car again.

it should have an override switch ....

yea mine as a over ride switch it is hidden under the dash and you can also change the the settings with that button... but i really should fix the valet button because it is nice to have..

and BrApple i did find ur pic in the how to form... thanks again!!

Back