• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GROUP BUY: Duraflex Mirko Splitter official GB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
ok guys, here we go!

NOW is the time to start sending in those deposits. this is now officially ON.

since the consensus seems to be to go for a new, better fitting mold that will allow the splitter to attach from behind the bumper, that is what we will be going with. ie, option 2.

during the GB only, these will be $300 plus shipping.
shipping ranges from $50 to $75 plus a $15 handling fee.

all splitters will be drop shipped directly from Extreme Dimensions in Fullerton, CA. they will handle all of the packing, shipping and insurance claims. items will be shipped via fedex or ups.

*Canada: yes they will ship to Canada but im not aware of the additional costs at this time. if you can ship to a shipping receiver on the US side of the border and pick it up in person, that would be easier, cheaper and better for you. its probably around $100 more to ship to Canada plus any fees the shipping company charges.

if you are local or will be in the area, you are more than welcome to stop by ED in person and pick up your splitter and save yourself the cost of shipping. (just need to set up an appointment first)

50% of the total is needed for the deposit, ie $150 asap.

CARBON FIBER* so far amyn is the only one who has expressed interest in a cf splitter. if you want one too, please make SURE you note this or you may end up with a duraflex splitter instead. the 50% deposit for these is $225

**CA residents please PM me prior to sending in payment**

you can send your deposit via Paypal, personal check or money order.
Paypal payments, either add 3% or send it as an e-check payment so there is no fee involved. send PP payments to: its4sale@gmail.com
be sure to add 3% of the $150 now, ie $154.50

for check or MO payments, please send them to: (payable to True Forged)
True Forged
PO Box 296
Simi Valley, CA 93062

for ALL payments, please include the following information:
1. full name
2. CEG username
3. phone number
4. email address
5. what you are paying for

I dont need addresses at this point. we'll handle those when its time to ship them out.

I will add your name to the list if you want in. i will put pending next to your name until your deposit is received, at which point it will change to deposit.

after the GB is over, the price on these will be $50 more. i may order additional units to keep on hand but at the moment im not sure how many. once theyre sold out, you will have to wait about 8 weeks till new ones are ready.

these should be back from China in about 12 weeks, give or take.
a few weeks to make the mold
a few weeks to make the splitters
a few weeks on the ship to come back

balance payments will be due immediately when the splitters arrive. i will notify everyone via a thread update when they are on the ship on their way so you may start getting the rest of the $ ready. i personally have to send the balance payment in when the splitters arrive so be prepared to send your funds in. if i have to cover your balance payment for you, i will tack on the extra $50 non-GB price. you will have plenty of advanced notice when the balance will be due. if you need to, you may transfer the purchase to someone else but do so in advance of the balance being due.

any questions feel free to post them up or send me a PM

1. svt4stv
2. svt4stv
3. mattyk
4. ScottyDsntKnow
5. Livinsvt
6. ooklah
7. Savior
8. Tourenvy
9. JRoX85
10. Mac
11. morbid
12. svt-zilla
13. Trevor Sande
14. CSVT#49
15. Mikey

carbon fiber
1. qbcsvt
2. IMNOTACOP420

cool. anyone who lives in So Cal should pick them up in person and save the $ on shipping.

i found out once theyre going to make a first article splitter and send it back here via AIR to test fit on my car to make sure it fits really good. the owner says that the bumper being off the car might fit slightly differently than ON the car. so they want to be sure. ill take pics and post up when this happens.

cool. anyone who lives in So Cal should pick them up in person and save the $ on shipping.

i found out once theyre going to make a first article splitter and send it back here via AIR to test fit on my car to make sure it fits really good. the owner says that the bumper being off the car might fit slightly differently than ON the car. so they want to be sure. ill take pics and post up when this happens.

Def a stand up company.... My money will be coming on Monday as I need to deposit it into the bank :)

- amyn

Hey Steve. Put the money in the bank and sent out an e-check a couple minutes ago. Please let me know that you see this as well as when it clears!

- amyn

So just one question... about the fitment issues... I have no problem throwing down the money to get a revised splitter, but sight unseen... do we have any guarantees about fitment once they make these?? Is there going to be a prototype made for someone to fit up or what's their process for new parts? Thanks!

See post #5. He'll test fit that one and we go from there AFAIK. I'm assuming if the fit sucks he'll let them know and they'll fix it. If not... well... I'm going to think positively lol.

Hey Steve. Put the money in the bank and sent out an e-check a couple minutes ago. Please let me know that you see this as well as when it clears!

- amyn

got it. but there was a $5 fee... maybe you need to put "money owed" option? :shrug:

See post #5. He'll test fit that one and we go from there AFAIK. I'm assuming if the fit sucks he'll let them know and they'll fix it. If not... well... I'm going to think positively lol.

THEY will do the test fitting. ill take the csvt to them and they'll put it on the car and make sure everything is good. they'll make any adjustments needed.

got it. but there was a $5 fee... maybe you need to put "money owed" option? :shrug:

THEY will do the test fitting. ill take the csvt to them and they'll put it on the car and make sure everything is good. they'll make any adjustments needed.

Sounds good!

- amyn

No PayPal fee

No PayPal fee

If you do not want to get a fee on the paypal transaction, choose "gift" as the payment option. This will bypass the fee Paypal takes when sending/receiving monies. The drawbacks when you do this?
  1. you forgo "Buyer Protection" from Paypal. (That's only lasts 45 days anyways)
  2. The person receiving the money does not get your name/address - so normally you would add that to the description in the email message box or whatever.

Since this GB is going to take longer than that, for this - I say the no buyer protection bit is moot. (This is just my opinion anyways)

When you go to pay via paypal choose the lil tab that says personal, then gift - and pay accordingly. I added a lil screenshot so you can see what i'm talking about.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 0
Paypal buyer protection is a joke anyway. The other person has a month to refute your claim before paypal pays out and even if it turns out to be total bs it'll still take months to get your money back. This is why I always do the proper type of transaction and use a credit card. That way I can charge it back if I get nothing or if I get something that is complete garbage.

Anyway, the paypal fee for this is so small it really is moot anyway. Just pay the $5 fee lol.

well you guys wont have to worry about "buyer protection" with my GBs and you can easily just PM me the info i need. just copy/paste and add your answers.

well you guys wont have to worry about "buyer protection" with my GBs and you can easily just PM me the info i need. just copy/paste and add your answers.

Oh I know I'm just talking about in general. Paypal has a bad habit of just not trying when it comes to dealing with claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back