• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Teheheheheh. I should set a timer/countdown for this to be done so on my laptop, it won't show this thread until it's finished, so I can just not look at this until it is finished lol

Teheheheheh. I should set a timer/countdown for this to be done so on my laptop, it won't show this thread until it's finished, so I can just not look at this until it is finished lol

HA! Yea let me know so I have a deadline :laugh: This build needs to be finished already, I want to drive my car again... that and I want to start on my other project, resurrecting the beast of a Camaro on the side of my garage.

yeah, ford changed it, the one I got when I gave them the part number is different. it snaps in and out by prying on the axel and you dont have to knock it out from the other side of the diff with a drift...

If you use a slide hammer/axle puller like you should it will pull out just fine. It is significantly easier than trying to pry it out with a crow bar.

Good job on getting it started. however did you leave the antenna wire clips in other misc. plastic clips?

how is that going to help, the tripod joint slides out? what am I missing here?

Slide hammer is your friend. makes removing the driver side axle a breeze. plus you wont run the risk of damaging your trans case if you were to use a pry or crow bar.

PM me more about this, I thought the slide hammer went on the axle itself, and wouldnt work because the tripod joint would just pull out in the boot and do potential damage. I dont have any issues with the revised clip though, but would help with future projects.

sorry, not trying to highjack.

also, sorry joe

btw, the idea to trigger the second fuel pump with a relay off of the IMRC circuit is a great idea!

no need to PM you're right were wrong..

Frankly I just dont feel like getting into detail about something as simple as addition.

Praying, praying, praying they did the impossible by making axles that won't break!!!! They do look real nice like though....lol

This is just exciting. Hopefully after paint the reconstruction goes fairly quickly and according to plan. Theres certainly a lot of anxious CEG-ers looking forward to the final pics and the video where you start the engine for the first time (BTW, dont forget this please lol).

Are you doing a locking '95 fuel door? You know, uses the same lever as the trunk release?

Nice work!
DAve
a G, a Z, a SVT

Yea I thought about it and it seems like a good idea... but not sure of all the work required to remove from a donor car... and what it would take to install on mine. Probably need the new lever assembly, cable, door, and mechanism to hold it in. I should really search for a thread on that to see if anyone wrote something up that is detailed enough to get the gist of it.

honestly i wouldnt bother. they have a tendency to fail requiring you to open the trunk in order to pull the release there so you can fill up.

honestly i wouldnt bother. they have a tendency to fail requiring you to open the trunk in order to pull the release there so you can fill up.

Agreed, My first mystique had one, and I had to use the release in the trunk more than the button in the car.

Back