+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 233
FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: #49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Default Interior Gutted!

Well this is how I spent my Sat morning/afternoon. I still need to gut the trunk and remove the seat belts, but shes pretty much done. I'm not going to take the dash out... or at least I'm not planning on it.

-Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Hopefully you didn't break many of the plastic clips for the moldings. Your pictures bring me back to a year and a half ago when I gutted mine for cleaning and sound deadening install. I ended up reinstalling some of the molding with well nuts, hold everything real tight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Digital Slacker View Post
    Hopefully you didn't break many of the plastic clips for the moldings. Your pictures bring me back to a year and a half ago when I gutted mine for cleaning and sound deadening install. I ended up reinstalling some of the molding with well nuts, hold everything real tight.
    Actually I got through it pretty smoothly. Only one I broke was on the passenger side B-pillar molding above the seat belt. The clip on the top sheared off. However it was a clean break, nothing super glue couldn't fix Although I may back it up with some JB-weld just to be sure it doesn't break again on the install.

One thing that is driving me nuts though and is going to cause me to make a trip to the junk yard are the dang screw covers on the mirror backs, door handles, and door panels. They are impossible to get off with out scratching them up. So thankfully I have two full cans of Ford MB interior paint and will be able to paint interior pieces I find in the junk yard to match
    -Mike
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Quote Originally Posted by todras View Post
    It might be tolerable if the interior was tan but being MNB that thing would look wack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCEPkXTSLnY

what
    1998.5 SVT Contour
    5232/6535
    -Neatfreak-
    I don't know cars I only know detailing

Default Just an Update

I pulled out my y-pipe, test pipe, and flex pipe this morning. Then my brother came out in the afternoon and helped me work on the car too. We got the coolant drained, radiator and fans removed, transaxle drained, CV shafts pulled, wiring harnesses removed from the car, clutch line disconnected, shunt tank removed, A/C compressor unbolted from the engine, and the car back on the ground on it's own wheels. The engine was just about ready to come out, but my brother had to take off. Next time I can get someone to help me I need to pull the hood, disconnect the last heater line, support the engine with a lift, and removed the roll resistors and engine mounts and out the engine and trans shall come.
    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Great to hear that you're about to pull out the old motor and its all getting to the point where all your goodies are ready to go on. Ever figure out about that front suspension setup to get the power to the ground? I'm VERY interested in what you find out in that regard as I'm sure you are too. Btw that car is stupid clean... and its over 10 years old from the rust belt? How do you do it?!
    -00' Contour SVT #1245 of 2150. Trubendz Borla exhaust, BAT Catted Y, Spec shifter, Injen CAI, NPG Big Brakes, Modded Sunroof.
    -98' Mustang GT. PI Engine, exhaust, Cobra front bumper/R hood, 3.73s, deep dish Bullitt rims, lowered, lots of other stuff.

parts of that car have been repainted like three times in the last two years. hahaha
    R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Awesome! Keep it up
    1998-E1 CSVT SilFro

***blu_fuz FOR PRESIDENT, 2012***

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
    Great to hear that you're about to pull out the old motor and its all getting to the point where all your goodies are ready to go on. Ever figure out about that front suspension setup to get the power to the ground? I'm VERY interested in what you find out in that regard as I'm sure you are too. Btw that car is stupid clean... and its over 10 years old from the rust belt? How do you do it?!
    Yea well to be honest is hasn't been in the rust belt it's entire life. I've only owned the car since 2005. The car was original purchased in Niagara Falls, NY and then the guy moved to Mooresville, NC in like 2000. I'm the second owner.

Quote Originally Posted by TRicker View Post
    parts of that car have been repainted like three times in the last two years. hahaha
    Yea the front bumper...
    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

mike i'm off all week. let me know if you want some help with stuff while i have time!
    R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 233
FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast