• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PPG Pace Car

BrApple

No Life But CEG
Well I was up at Lime Rock yesterday and got to see one of the PPG Pace cars. The owner says it still for sale. He also drove it to Lime Rock. 10,xxx miles on the car.

enjoy the few quick pics I took.

DSC05274.JPG

DSC05273.JPG

DSC05275.JPG

DSC05276.JPG

Also spotted a very clean, stock minus an aftermarket radio T-green SVT in the parking lot.

DSC05281.JPG

And my SVT and my parents Mustang

DSC05279.JPG

lol Its just an idea at the moment. I will probably stuff it in a storage and throw away the key.

I still think it's too much money. Is there even anything super special about the car? There's the brembo brakes and bbs wheels. A decent suspension maybe? If you want a super sick contour, just give me a lot of money and a month. I can paint it whatever color you want. Even purple with sparkles.

The owner of the cars calls me every once in a while to see if I'm interested. I've talked to him on several occassions since I got hosed on the ChampCar auction to buy one of them. His prices haven't come down much and I can't get over what he's asking for the cars versus what he paid. All cars were bought for under $7,500...

Brian pm me the guys number I might buy this car.

didn't ask for it. When he said it was for sale I said that I knew and had seen it on ebay.

What's he asking? I think you could easily justify $10-12k for that car for the miles, mods and history.
-J

he didn't comment on how much he was looking for. Said the car was fin to drive out there and that it was loud.

its like a brand new svt with custom paint and a few tasteful upgrades...but if you buy it, you better plan on keeping it for a LONG time

its like a brand new svt with custom paint and a few tasteful upgrades...but if you buy it, you better plan on keeping it for a LONG time

yeah but being a pace car I am sure those 10k miles where not the easiest miles either. Not say it was beat on but ...

Like I said, if you're a track guy/collector thats not too unreasonable IMO.
You probably think I was crazy paying $9k for an SVT less than 2 years ago, but its all about what its worth to the buyer and what they can afford.
-J

Like I said, if you're a track guy/collector thats not too unreasonable IMO.
You probably think I was crazy paying $9k for an SVT less than 2 years ago, but its all about what its worth to the buyer and what they can afford.
-J

Your right about that. Combine what you and me payed for our SVT's and you could get at least 10 beater CSVT's. To some thats :blackeye: but to others low mileage, clean examples like ours dont come around everyday and there worth the extra coin. Now IMO the PPG cars are not worth a penny more then 9k. Like boumacj said they were all bought for $7500. Yes I would love to have one but I have never lost sleep over these cars especially as the new owner/seller must be fried on meth based on his high prices.

Back