+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Pump Restrictor Plate

Blog Entries

I have a brand new unused housing. Came with the car. LOL! Anyone want it for a small price PM me.
    Former owner of '98 SVT #1,173. Need a 95-00 Ford CD manual? PM me

We ended up peening the flow control washer in place. I took pictures. I'll try and post them tonight with more details.

-Andy
    Andy W.
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity,
    but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Uh, hmm, well, uh, I don't know where he's not. It wouldnít be inaccurate to assume that I couldnít exactly not say that it is or isnít almost partially incorrect. Oh, on the contrary. I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know where he shouldnít probably be, if that indeed wasnít where he isnít. Even if he wasnít at where I knew he was, thatíd mean Iíd really have to know where he wasn't.

When I changed out my waterpump that piece fell out. I just stuck it back in there and haven't had any problems since...

Quote Originally Posted by RawBurt View Post
    When I changed out my waterpump that piece fell out. I just stuck it back in there and haven't had any problems since...
    Don't listen to him, he's a big dumb idiot.
    ~Alex

"They think I'm Mexican..."

formerly known as SVT Driver627

00 Green CSVT - sold 2/17/06
    98 3L CSVT #574 Silfro - Sold
    98 SE 2.5 MTX - Totaled
    97 Ranger lay'd out

03 ? vroom-pshh

AnastasiaRae87: pwned by an asian.

LOSRE'S UNITE!!!!!!

I'm just stating my experience thus far.

What do you mean you haven't had any problems since? Have you disassembled the w/p to make sure the reducer cone's cutting of the housing is within spec limits?

If the cone came out, it's broken. You can't just toss it in there and expect it to stay in place. It will swirl around with the impeller, cutting up the housing (loading your coolant with metal flakes) and wearing down your impeller (if it's plastic... it put a nice polish on my metal impeller).
    morbid
    2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
    2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
    3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
    car is down with a broken tranny

Quote Originally Posted by morbid View Post
    What do you mean you haven't had any problems since? Have you disassembled the w/p to make sure the reducer cone's cutting of the housing is within spec limits?

If the cone came out, it's broken. You can't just toss it in there and expect it to stay in place. It will swirl around with the impeller, cutting up the housing (loading your coolant with metal flakes) and wearing down your impeller (if it's plastic... it put a nice polish on my metal impeller).
    That's why I called him a big dumb idiot
    ~Alex

"They think I'm Mexican..."

formerly known as SVT Driver627

00 Green CSVT - sold 2/17/06
    98 3L CSVT #574 Silfro - Sold
    98 SE 2.5 MTX - Totaled
    97 Ranger lay'd out

03 ? vroom-pshh

AnastasiaRae87: pwned by an asian.

LOSRE'S UNITE!!!!!!

Ok,
    Well I didn't have the time or the money to let the car sit for a week. My dad is a 30+year Certified Mechanic on short term retirement, he sold his shop. He said it's common on all alluminum housings to peen things into place. The picture below shows what we did with a round nose punch.

-Andy
    Andy W.
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity,
    but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Uh, hmm, well, uh, I don't know where he's not. It wouldnít be inaccurate to assume that I couldnít exactly not say that it is or isnít almost partially incorrect. Oh, on the contrary. I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know where he shouldnít probably be, if that indeed wasnít where he isnít. Even if he wasnít at where I knew he was, thatíd mean Iíd really have to know where he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    Ok,
    Well I didn't have the time or the money to let the car sit for a week. My dad is a 30+year Certified Mechanic on short term retirement, he sold his shop. He said it's common on all alluminum housings to peen things into place.
    Keep us updated on how that works out. Looks like it should be fine.
    2002 Lincoln LS V-6 - Slug-Bucket
    2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS - DD

Quote Originally Posted by TourDeForce View Post
    Keep us updated on how that works out. Looks like it should be fine.

I've done this on two different housings and both work fine. Save your money and re-peen it in place.

~Josh
    99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
    00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
    Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast