• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UIM swap

akaschneider

CEG'er
I want to powder coat my UIM, but I need my car for my daily commute. And the local junkyard only has contours between 95 and 97. Now will the UIM off from one of them work on my 99 contour? And the one's in the junkyard are duratec's just like the one in mine.

I want to powder coat my UIM, but I need my car for my daily commute. And the local junkyard only has contours between 95 and 97. Now will the UIM off from one of them work on my 99 contour? And the one's in the junkyard are duratec's just like the one in mine.

I don't know to be honest. ryan will be in here shortly to answer your question.

WHy not swap out with a 98-2000 contour uim and be safe.

IF you can.... look here for the part. www.car-part.com

96+uim are all the same you'll be fine. 95's may or may not be the same i've never checked. but know for sure the rest will work.

why not try and buy an SVT UIM and LIM from reebs or bagged? then have them ship it to blu_fuz for powder coating. once he's done with it can ship them to you. :shrug:

I have a SE UIM already blasted and waiting for a coat of paint..... Tell me what color you want and I will ship it to you. Check PMs

It is the UIM furthest to the left. The ports have been cleaned also.
Ipics054.jpg

Last edited:
Back