• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo 2.5, Turbo 3L, and Stock STI

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
Assuming, that all drivers are at equal, and perform at equal at driving the cars, how would the turbo CSVT's hang with the stock STI?

Assuming 15% drivetrain loss the STI is around 255 at the wheels. Turbo'ed V6's on here are running 260+. The STI weighs more but has awd. STI from a stop, Tour from a roll.

Lets see what others say.

If were talking drag racing, STi wins easily pretty easily.

If were talking from a 2nd or 3rd gear roll, STi gets beat. If its a 3.0L turbo, it gets beaten bad.

my 3L uphill in the rain from a 40 roll with stock evo..... i lose by 1 car. N/A 3L. i'd imagine a turbo 2.5 or 3l would be a good match for one from 10mph or higher. sti and evo are still sweet

Assuming 15% drivetrain loss the STI is around 255 at the wheels. Turbo'ed V6's on here are running 260+. The STI weighs more but has awd. STI from a stop, Tour from a roll.

Lets see what others say.
I would imagine the STi's AWD drivetrain loss would be closer to 20% if not slightly higher :shrug:

I see stock sti run 14sec 1/4mile all day at my track on weekends. Shouldn't a turbo contour be in the 14sec or better depending on the driver.

I see stock sti run 14sec 1/4mile all day at my track on weekends. Shouldn't a turbo contour be in the 14sec or better depending on the driver.

Low 14's yes, in the 13's it has been done. Like everyone has said, its the take off that limits us.

A turbo 3.0L well burrita did that with a 13.2 1/4

Demonsvt with a NA 3.0l completed a 13.47 1/4 time.
Even pole IIRC ran 14.9 with a csvt.

I would say these numbers are a given....
14.2's can be done in a 2.5l turbo
13.8's can be done with a 3.0l turbo

if 13.8s are done with a turbo then how did Demonsvt do a 13.4 with a NA 3L??

just curious

he didnt just throw a stock 3L in there, he had some massive work done to his car, including a very well made tune and he ran his car up to 8k (gotta look that up) i believe before shifting. plus I'm guessing he's a pretty good driver...able to put power down in just the right places to give himself traction.
remember that we've had contours with well over 400+hp that have run slower times than those with less than 300 because of traction issues.

im just gonna go ahead and bow down to Demon right now.......could we not just put some fat ass drag slicks on the front and hook up?

Back